Old November 22nd 10, 01:25 AM posted to alt.home.repair

Default Need fast drying grout for bathroom tiles in shower/tub area

I have to replace some dirty and moldy grout between the tiles above the
bathtub. But the grout I saw sold at the hardware store said that it
has to stay dry for 36 hours. That would be impossible, unless I moved
to a hotel for two days. I take two showers a day, and that's the only
bathroom I have in my home.

Can you recommend some really fast-drying or quick-drying grout
compound? It would just be for this small repair--maybe two square feet
of tile that needs to be regrouted.

-- Steven L.

Old November 22nd 10, 02:14 AM posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 21, 7:25*pm, "Steven L." wrote:
I have to replace some dirty and moldy grout between the tiles above the
bathtub. *But the grout I saw sold at the hardware store said that it
has to stay dry for 36 hours. *That would be impossible, unless I moved
to a hotel for two days. *I take two showers a day, and that's the only
bathroom I have in my home.

Can you recommend some really fast-drying or quick-drying grout
compound? *It would just be for this small repair--maybe two square feet
of tile that needs to be regrouted.

-- Steven L.

splash around in the sink for 36 hours.
Old November 22nd 10, 02:42 AM posted to alt.home.repair

Steven L. wrote:
I have to replace some dirty and moldy grout between the tiles above
the bathtub. But the grout I saw sold at the hardware store said
that it has to stay dry for 36 hours. That would be impossible,
unless I moved to a hotel for two days. I take two showers a day,
and that's the only bathroom I have in my home.

Can you recommend some really fast-drying or quick-drying grout
compound? It would just be for this small repair--maybe two square
feet of tile that needs to be regrouted.

1. Take bath instead of shower.
2. Cover grout with a spare shower curtain.

Old November 22nd 10, 06:26 AM posted to alt.home.repair

Steven L. wrote:
I have to replace some dirty and moldy grout between the tiles above
the bathtub. But the grout I saw sold at the hardware store said
that it has to stay dry for 36 hours. That would be impossible,
unless I moved to a hotel for two days. I take two showers a day,
and that's the only bathroom I have in my home.

Can you recommend some really fast-drying or quick-drying grout
compound? It would just be for this small repair--maybe two square
feet of tile that needs to be regrouted.

Just tape plastic over the area.

Old November 22nd 10, 11:51 AM posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/21/2010 7:25 PM, Steven L. wrote:
I have to replace some dirty and moldy grout between the tiles above the
bathtub. But the grout I saw sold at the hardware store said that it has
to stay dry for 36 hours. That would be impossible, unless I moved to a
hotel for two days. I take two showers a day, and that's the only
bathroom I have in my home.

Can you recommend some really fast-drying or quick-drying grout
compound? It would just be for this small repair--maybe two square feet
of tile that needs to be regrouted.

-- Steven L.

I second the sink bath idea. It's just a couple days.. jeeeezzeee.....

--
Steve Barker

Old November 22nd 10, 04:11 PM posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"Steven L." wrote:

I have to replace some dirty and moldy grout between the tiles above the
bathtub. But the grout I saw sold at the hardware store said that it
has to stay dry for 36 hours. That would be impossible, unless I moved
to a hotel for two days. I take two showers a day, and that's the only
bathroom I have in my home.

Can you recommend some really fast-drying or quick-drying grout
compound? It would just be for this small repair--maybe two square feet
of tile that needs to be regrouted.

-- Steven L.

Yer jokin', right? If you can't live without a shower for 36 hrs, you
should just shoot yourself now.
Old November 22nd 10, 05:00 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 22 Nov 2010 08:11:17 -0800, Smitty Two

"Steven L." wrote:

I have to replace some dirty and moldy grout between the tiles above the
bathtub. But the grout I saw sold at the hardware store said that it
has to stay dry for 36 hours. That would be impossible, unless I moved
to a hotel for two days. I take two showers a day, and that's the only
bathroom I have in my home.

Can you recommend some really fast-drying or quick-drying grout
compound? It would just be for this small repair--maybe two square feet
of tile that needs to be regrouted.

-- Steven L.

Yer jokin', right? If you can't live without a shower for 36 hrs, you
should just shoot yourself now.

Go down to the local truck stop.
Old November 22nd 10, 07:29 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 22, 6:51*am, Steve Barker wrote:
On 11/21/2010 7:25 PM, Steven L. wrote:

I have to replace some dirty and moldy grout between the tiles above the
bathtub. But the grout I saw sold at the hardware store said that it has
to stay dry for 36 hours. That would be impossible, unless I moved to a
hotel for two days. I take two showers a day, and that's the only
bathroom I have in my home.

I second the sink bath idea. *It's just a couple days.. * jeeeezzeee......

I can't believe you're prescribing medical advice. Are you a doctor?
If someone didn't take a shower for 36 hours they'd die. It's a well
known fact. If the OP goes just 24 hours without a shower he could be
maimed for life...or a bit grungy, but either way it's very bad.

I'd buy a back-up house and sell it after the grout dried.

Old November 22nd 10, 07:32 PM posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Nov 21, 7:25*pm, "Steven L." wrote:

snip

*I take two showers a day, and that's the only
bathroom I have in my home.

You may have a health problem or an obsession that needs professional
help. Make an appointment soon.

If you had ever had military service you would have learned that
skipping a shower or two is not at all life threatening. Just suck it
up, exude all the pheromones you can and grout the necessary seams.
Its the manly thing to do.

Joe
Old November 22nd 10, 10:17 PM posted to alt.home.repair

"Steven L." wrote in news:C-
:

I have to replace some dirty and moldy grout between the tiles above the
bathtub. But the grout I saw sold at the hardware store said that it
has to stay dry for 36 hours. That would be impossible, unless I moved
to a hotel for two days. I take two showers a day, and that's the only
bathroom I have in my home.

Can you recommend some really fast-drying or quick-drying grout
compound? It would just be for this small repair--maybe two square feet
of tile that needs to be regrouted.

-- Steven L.

You saw the other replies. Ditto.

Dry off in the shower. I mean wtf are ya doing in there filling buckets and
tossing them around?!