DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Posts not showing up (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/311340-posts-not-showing-up.html)

Country[_2_] October 8th 10 03:50 PM

Posts not showing up

I thought I would try here. My posts on a couple of other groups are
not showing up. Anybody else having problems?

jamesgangnc[_3_] October 8th 10 08:36 PM

Posts not showing up

On Oct 8, 10:50*am, Country wrote:
I thought I would try here. My posts on a couple of other groups are
not showing up. Anybody else having problems?

Me too. But then this might not show up either.

jamesgangnc[_3_] October 8th 10 08:42 PM

Posts not showing up

On Oct 8, 3:36*pm, jamesgangnc wrote:
On Oct 8, 10:50*am, Country wrote:

I thought I would try here. My posts on a couple of other groups are
not showing up. Anybody else having problems?

Me too. *But then this might not show up either.

Kind of looking like they fixed it. I went so fa as to create a new
google id and try that with no luck. Now several of my posts that
never showed up are showing up. Guess someone at google finally
figured out there was a beaver dam on the creek :-)

HeyBub[_3_] October 8th 10 10:17 PM

Posts not showing up

Country wrote:
I thought I would try here. My posts on a couple of other groups are
not showing up. Anybody else having problems?

That's because you're posting via a horrid web service. Posts are sometimes
delayed for several days and then are mangled in the process.

Migrate to a real newsreader, such as Outlook Express, Forte, or
Thunderbird.

Stormin Mormon October 8th 10 10:18 PM

Posts not showing up

What?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Country" wrote in message
qspbcJ-,!**************...FnVB fgXN RiK tАVq|}~a..&" &
Юy/p..炪‚pdfƮNFz zJZ쮮eTgl&\\^&.. ج&n
^^?sa&ăQbq z&^f[শؿC~G
Gnv&NNNA
Af[=*tnnnnn&# &NN&ănN&&&֮Vj bƩ~jFFM&^nnzv
Pӓcnv~V^Veel{n
涞 sVff
~kvnV&&Nƚ^~& 6~^Nvn"{$ƚ&^^N~ ~&^^

&&&66VNFnv&Ξvn ƎvnζVV&ξvٶ&%%&F~f nNFn)***)*)
)***))*)*)))))V****J-,j2)*2Fr*2=}T:MtrB]JmFs{Zsby0'# BӜizttՂ
يGuփp'sW߅t
iG=MݪubvȆa=*=Mȋ Mck%]ťH#\fl*FWFb?B֒yȾz*RF[
*N-Fjkjѹ0[mnC7])5+m6yӁ$ NTb;K%!2)(!
.,=J$KҊ,DҊ*9H2 6|e=} *P2=* mob8*A
ʄ2*uf Bu1&;j=*8n㊈KɼEHRLx29:V ʺ+:jjZ:jx·=MxQ{FZp-Wu 3f0Šv9HJ
*:.uD;r*5}!{n;?).
D?|q3=}eߏ45`?SC6Qud
xhlTc"An+S*%
&*)U.92I֚6Y:iV[oviFJVNRPA=}VV^b 2ݯLO9NպU`(=* lx8
jW 1 A :I`AD`GB)שe=J
ҼZgk %A#I˜e"Uzm eM1ra1z)*d#s"c!%1i
!Q&Ry5Y'g & A=M
J!9%]i"R-rڧ%gK=J# (m =}+1(k,QVB
I~y2
PI1q2lӚ*RvK6{BK/RmD [9)mK
:mL5P9QrT.V6Brp,g;^UD ``eMw2dH#g~*
NJk-/fNLAp-:~*.4=}sbve*2xQ+8f=J4,4rt~J=J VW /"&YSUl0¬nP\v\ݺF]S}P_c
jd] _Cb
̽ne6f)4(dS}6PU](\Xu49fS]UriqR/sM|!jLHx}
3Ga`yԱjMMCstpP/|zUd=*4ϒSu"6qd*/fsz+yd؝_Ј!ぜ ٞ)dײ%Tx)^J4
|{o
`צT{^yGQ=*coNvr)\g=Ml/vTcpSF``aϾT4{AV=}\~z d*ڪ?0
L٦U,(_"~*L6;VM2Bo:kLFr$:l e"oyẖ846
M-VWqa$ դNt [Wwֹ'7s
=*`dN4~duLRy|X3ZDupϳz`) g֎9=M%?4ҙ*=MUw1
] U (°HZ?(fl_{: lF=}88Y7{
I$h4KDf #=*HhZ{zF=*W=*T+\ _qEh|euPΘ[BűܚbN͋aMd{8Ohofh
*
 g=M=*'`) 5=J Wo=M"c_
=*R)ssZ} EG `Aۯ)8ܤ
a~{~g
ϟy؃N?i!1UF
P7=*DieGhe=J#fAA때?V U۷~~cɅ"qWDk19t
U|=*eT̓_u\A%9=*mh}: 0oj2jplD
)`z&^و=MOv!I.d K"ͧ5 OyvzƟRqu
tYoa*W?t|j/r }Z}fۡ
QsᡍYp!:z!p"P
сz:3v:LJ7=JOo*~L*7
oJov(,а p/BBrR,6Ҩ
=JjtoR)znRz1fO*^~ t_dD =*aqn[
gўsY=*PtϞ~ꑇPuUOЦR1t C(
wAO"=*r, ҁ#PS
PѳV=*|R1rׯsqo=J
hѵYOE[rUB~5S~cA*ӂN?AtVAžu3m2 0`
_),1p`M !M%AҮ" H22%UHtYt
Pѻ0εj
l {SaO P~*sGϒac*_quRy2 ,oQ26.L6no/
5 8J
2-4/޳T2BM&rar
ߐM!z#W#\AӏцY)˜s1N}SXyӗw X2DR_tã{ڮrQǴө
c#s!NƯ25vn2:# 662Pēv=J6p֣!
rF2*Ι0Ѓ01XQCcݱz
=`ȖcV;st }SzQ]!|0c?5N=JUr-aac2ƕ
{î)cc3wsл43|aSS8` N
tnR73DVMײ$ccoO"0 {B8ekdR=JNkt Ť$8zWzΎ{t
\hp=Ms4S١uUDx/]a|L#~bz$uYs1m)4bŽ**ޒÃ =*8lUr6qr"
Ѐ2A`2H

zuT\̼0ƙ߮NġQhy=J_ $׾\ {MuOҒɀ
DUXȍķqaci*H9R?'T$pב th׿
DnTw㩺TwS/TԹaԹ!ά3*㧅|votP4u)3p /I{S'{QUAᤴ "$%pfþf
%
%2eE_/tqA¥0 s=*`[*8BՎAz*ݴvߣ.ѪÖu,ptƢ"R{V2v$ ҷb#zs
Wq/32 !rU}Ƣ1^}cvQӼ+e

Oren[_2_] October 8th 10 10:45 PM

Posts not showing up

On Fri, 8 Oct 2010 07:50:08 -0700 (PDT), Country
wrote:

I thought I would try here. My posts on a couple of other groups are
not showing up. Anybody else having problems?

Your "User-Agent: G2/1.0" burped. Happens all the time.

Oren[_2_] October 8th 10 11:32 PM

Posts not showing up

On Fri, 8 Oct 2010 16:17:42 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

Country wrote:
I thought I would try here. My posts on a couple of other groups are
not showing up. Anybody else having problems?

That's because you're posting via a horrid web service. Posts are sometimes
delayed for several days and then are mangled in the process.

Migrate to a real newsreader, such as Outlook Express, Forte, or
Thunderbird.

Oh no. You used "real newsreader" and "Forte" in the same sentence.

It sounds frenchie, but a damned fine software. My choice of reader
since V.1.xx (32) -- stable version.

HeyBub[_3_] October 9th 10 02:51 AM

Posts not showing up

wrote:

Country wrote:
I thought I would try here. My posts on a couple of other groups are
not showing up. Anybody else having problems?

That's because you're posting via a horrid web service. Posts are
sometimes delayed for several days and then are mangled in the
process.

Migrate to a real newsreader, such as Outlook Express, Forte, or
Thunderbird.

Oh no. You used "real newsreader" and "Forte" in the same sentence.

It sounds frenchie, but a damned fine software. My choice of reader
since V.1.xx (32) -- stable version.

Just because it's French doesn't mean it doesn't work. Being French has it's
uses.

Why when some granny-lady begins whacking me with her umbrella while
screeching "You godless communist, you can't smoke here!" I merely reply,
"It's all right madam. I'm French."

hr(bob) [email protected] October 9th 10 05:21 AM

Posts not showing up

On Oct 8, 2:42*pm, jamesgangnc wrote:
On Oct 8, 3:36*pm, jamesgangnc wrote:

On Oct 8, 10:50*am, Country wrote:

I thought I would try here. My posts on a couple of other groups are
not showing up. Anybody else having problems?

Me too. *But then this might not show up either.

Kind of looking like they fixed it. *I went so fa as to create a new
google id and try that with no luck. *Now several of my posts that
never showed up are showing up. *Guess someone at google finally
figured out there was a beaver dam on the creek :-)

I had the same problem posting to several google groups earlier this
week, and also now seem to be back to normal.

[email protected] October 9th 10 01:39 PM

Posts not showing up

On Oct 8, 5:17*pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
Country wrote:
I thought I would try here. My posts on a couple of other groups are
not showing up. Anybody else having problems?

That's because you're posting via a horrid web service. Posts are sometimes
delayed for several days and then are mangled in the process.

Migrate to a real newsreader, such as Outlook Express, Forte, or
Thunderbird.

I've used google groups for years and am happy with it. I haven't
noticed any problems with posts not showing up until just a few days
ago. And those finally did get posted. Otherwise, I'd say 95% of
the time my posts from google show up in seconds. The other 5% might
take a few mins to an hour.

The problem I have with what you call a "real" reader is it's not
portable unless you have it on a notebook, that's all you use and you
take it with you. I can access google from anywhere.

Kurt Ullman October 9th 10 02:49 PM

Posts not showing up

In article ,
"HeyBub" wrote:

Just because it's French doesn't mean it doesn't work. Being French has it's
uses.

Why when some granny-lady begins whacking me with her umbrella while
screeching "You godless communist, you can't smoke here!" I merely reply,
"It's all right madam. I'm French."

As was noted by a friend of mine on another NG
"There is a fine and subtle distinction between being forgivably and
unforgivably French"

--cMAD on abt-c

and name it after the IRS.
Robert Bakker, paleontologist

Bob Villa October 9th 10 02:58 PM

Posts not showing up

On Oct 8, 11:21*pm, "hr(bob) "
wrote:
On Oct 8, 2:42*pm, jamesgangnc wrote:

On Oct 8, 3:36*pm, jamesgangnc wrote:

On Oct 8, 10:50*am, Country wrote:

I thought I would try here. My posts on a couple of other groups are
not showing up. Anybody else having problems?

Me too. *But then this might not show up either.

Kind of looking like they fixed it. *I went so fa as to create a new
google id and try that with no luck. *Now several of my posts that
never showed up are showing up. *Guess someone at google finally
figured out there was a beaver dam on the creek :-)

I had the same problem posting to several google groups earlier this
week, and also now seem to be back to normal.

Same here. All showed up. I tried a "newsreader" and didn't like
sifting through the downloads (maybe I'm in a rut...but I prefer GGs).

Nate Nagel October 9th 10 03:08 PM

Posts not showing up

On 10/09/2010 09:58 AM, Bob Villa wrote:
On Oct 8, 11:21 pm, "hr(bob)
wrote:
On Oct 8, 2:42 pm, wrote:

On Oct 8, 3:36 pm, wrote:

On Oct 8, 10:50 am, wrote:

I thought I would try here. My posts on a couple of other groups are
not showing up. Anybody else having problems?

Me too. But then this might not show up either.

Kind of looking like they fixed it. I went so fa as to create a new
google id and try that with no luck. Now several of my posts that
never showed up are showing up. Guess someone at google finally
figured out there was a beaver dam on the creek :-)

I had the same problem posting to several google groups earlier this
week, and also now seem to be back to normal.

Same here. All showed up. I tried a "newsreader" and didn't like
sifting through the downloads (maybe I'm in a rut...but I prefer GGs).

I noticed the same issue, and I use both GG and a newsreader depending
on where I am. The issue seems to have been posts made through GG not
propagating through Usenet because the posts that didn't show up on GG
didn't show up on Teranews either. I have also seen some "old" posts
showing up a day or more after posting.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Country[_2_] October 9th 10 03:49 PM

Posts not showing up

wrote:

Country wrote:
I thought I would try here. My posts on a couple of other groups are
not showing up. Anybody else having problems?

That's because you're posting via a horrid web service. Posts are
sometimes delayed for several days and then are mangled in the
process.

Migrate to a real newsreader, such as Outlook Express, Forte, or
Thunderbird.

Oh no. *You used "real newsreader" and "Forte" in the same sentence.

It sounds frenchie, but a damned fine software. My choice of reader
since V.1.xx (32) *-- stable version.

Just because it's French doesn't mean it doesn't work. Being French has it's
uses.

Why when some granny-lady begins whacking me with her umbrella while
screeching "You godless communist, you can't smoke here!" I merely reply,
"It's all right madam. I'm French."

So you "Frenched" some ole Granny-lady?

Maybe you just played the "french card".

Hibb

HeyBub[_3_] October 9th 10 08:05 PM

Posts not showing up

Country wrote:
wrote:

Country wrote:
[...]

It seems kinder than my previous retort:

"Put out my cigarette? Well, see, I'm a grenade and this smoke, here, is my
pin. So you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do
you, punk?"

And that superceded the "Nixon" response: "We believe that it is out."

HeyBub[_3_] October 9th 10 08:06 PM

Posts not showing up

wrote:
On Oct 8, 5:17 pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
Country wrote:
I thought I would try here. My posts on a couple of other groups are
not showing up. Anybody else having problems?

That's because you're posting via a horrid web service. Posts are
sometimes delayed for several days and then are mangled in the
process.

Migrate to a real newsreader, such as Outlook Express, Forte, or
Thunderbird.

I've used google groups for years and am happy with it. I haven't
noticed any problems with posts not showing up until just a few days
ago. And those finally did get posted. Otherwise, I'd say 95% of
the time my posts from google show up in seconds. The other 5% might
take a few mins to an hour.

The problem I have with what you call a "real" reader is it's not
portable unless you have it on a notebook, that's all you use and you
take it with you. I can access google from anywhere.

If you've got a computer and the internet, why would you need to go
anywhere?

Just askin'.

aemeijers October 9th 10 08:10 PM

Posts not showing up

On 10/9/2010 8:39 AM, wrote:
On Oct 8, 5:17 pm, wrote:
Country wrote:

(snip)
I've used google groups for years and am happy with it. I haven't
noticed any problems with posts not showing up until just a few days
ago. And those finally did get posted. Otherwise, I'd say 95% of
the time my posts from google show up in seconds. The other 5% might
take a few mins to an hour.

The problem I have with what you call a "real" reader is it's not
portable unless you have it on a notebook, that's all you use and you
take it with you. I can access google from anywhere.

Not from my office. The 'net nanny' has the groups portion of it blocked.

--
aem sends...

[email protected] October 10th 10 02:17 AM

Posts not showing up

On Sat, 9 Oct 2010 14:05:31 -0500, "HeyBub" wrote:

Country wrote:
wrote:

Country wrote:
[...]

"I am NOT a smoker!" two fingers on each hand waiving in the air?

Hey, that would work with Obummer, too. The similarities...