DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Removing green moss (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/310114-re-removing-green-moss.html)

Han September 16th 10 12:02 PM

Removing green moss

wrote in :

The siding on my garage is just plywood covered with wood stain. The
stain was wearing out so I'm restaining it. The bottom few inches of
the wall in some places behind some bushes, has green moss on it. I
scraped it off, but I think there is still some in the natural low
crevices in the wood. I did wire brush it too. But I think I need to
kill this moss before I restain. Should I just paint some bleach on
the wall, let it sit awhile and hose it off, or is there a better way?

Thanks

Apparently, moss and algae don't like zinc. I've seen reports where thin
strips of zinc (flashing or something like it) would leach enough zinc ions
down with the rain or so that no moss or algae would start growing. It
presumes that there is no moss or algae to start with, then keeps it that
way. DAGS for details, as I don't know them.

--
Best regards
Han

Bob Villa September 16th 10 12:37 PM

Removing green moss

On Sep 16, 6:02*am, Han wrote:
wrote :

[...]

Aside: Han, I did a Google search for "DAGS"...and it didn't come-up!
Are you trying to start this acronym? (DoAGoogleSearch)

Han September 17th 10 02:09 AM

Removing green moss

Bob Villa wrote in news:5a6faac2-8987-46f1-b814-
:

Aside: Han, I did a Google search for "DAGS"...and it didn't come-up!
Are you trying to start this acronym? (DoAGoogleSearch)

In some places DAGS is as common as YMMV

--
Best regards
Han

Bob Villa September 17th 10 11:39 AM

Removing green moss

On Sep 16, 8:09*pm, Han wrote:
Bob Villa wrote in news:5a6faac2-8987-46f1-b814-
:

Aside: Han, I did a Google search for "DAGS"...and it didn't come-up!
Are you trying to start this acronym? (DoAGoogleSearch)

In some places DAGS is as common as YMMV

--
Best regards
Han
email address is invalid

If it pertains to Google...you would think it would come-up in their
search!?

Jim Elbrecht September 17th 10 12:03 PM

Removing green moss

On Fri, 17 Sep 2010 03:39:39 -0700 (PDT), Bob Villa
wrote:

On Sep 16, 8:09*pm, Han wrote:
Bob Villa wrote in news:5a6faac2-8987-46f1-b814-
:

Aside: Han, I did a Google search for "DAGS"...and it didn't come-up!
Are you trying to start this acronym? (DoAGoogleSearch)

In some places DAGS is as common as YMMV

--
Best regards
Han
email address is invalid

If it pertains to Google...you would think it would come-up in their
search!?

I thought Han's search abilities were lacking, but it doesn't even
come up on Wikipedia. DAGS must just be an a.h.r familiar acronym.
Google may be trying to push their LMGTFY feature-- or prefer we use
the more direct and forceful JFGI.g

Jim

Han September 17th 10 12:55 PM

Removing green moss

Jim Elbrecht wrote in
:

I thought Han's search abilities were lacking, but it doesn't even
come up on Wikipedia. DAGS must just be an a.h.r familiar acronym.
Google may be trying to push their LMGTFY feature-- or prefer we use
the more direct and forceful JFGI.g

Jim

Thanks Jim and Bob for the real insight :)
It's indeed funny that DAGS doesn't come up in google.

--
Best regards
Han

Smitty Two September 17th 10 06:13 PM

Removing green moss

In article ,
Han wrote:

Jim Elbrecht wrote in
:

I don't google acronyms, I use www.acronymfinder.com.

Jim Elbrecht September 17th 10 06:33 PM

Removing green moss

On Fri, 17 Sep 2010 10:13:30 -0700, Smitty Two
wrote:

In article ,
Han wrote:

Jim Elbrecht wrote in
:

I thought Han's search abilities were lacking, but it doesn't even
come up on Wikipedia. DAGS must just be an a.h.r familiar acronym.
Google may be trying to push their LMGTFY feature-- or prefer we use
the more direct and forceful JFGI.g

Jim

Thanks Jim and Bob for the real insight :)
It's indeed funny that DAGS doesn't come up in google.

I don't google acronyms, I use www.acronymfinder.com.

Hrmphh- I'd swear Google used to return hits from there. DAGS *is*
there, so I think not. . . but then I Google
DAGS acronymfinder
-- and I get the acronymfinder page for DAG as #1- and no DAGS on the
first page. Weird.

Jim