DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Lightbulb Filament Replacement (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/310064-re-lightbulb-filament-replacement.html)

keith September 15th 10 02:19 PM

Lightbulb Filament Replacement

On Sep 15, 2:47*am, wrote:
On Tue, 14 Sep 2010 18:28:27 -0700 (PDT), Molly Brown

wrote:
On Sep 14, 4:08*am, ransley wrote:
On Sep 14, 12:34*am, wrote:

Since in a few years incandescent bulbs will become banned, I wonder
if anyone will come out with a filament replacement kit for people who
want to continue using the old incandescent bulbs? *It's just a small
piece of tungstun wire, it's just attaching it and removing all the
air in the bulb.

Why bother considering this when lighting that consumes 75-80% less
energy, that lasts longer, is readily avalaible. Incandesants are
outdated. I only use them in the frige, oven and a few other
locations.

Many people have outdoor flood light fixtures that have a cover on
them. The cover is designed to keep the water from rain and sprinklers
off the socket and base of the housing so it doesn’t short or just
plain rot. There is NO fluorescent flood bulb short enough that would
fit in these outdoor fixtures due to the cover. What do you propose
these people do?

You probably dont want to hear my proposal, but here it is:
DONT VOTE DEMOCRAT
DONT VOTE REPUBLICAN
DO VOTE FOR ANYONE ELSE

There, I said it, and I'm sticking to it . . . . .

Right. None of us want your vote to count.