DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Best kitchen counter? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/310021-re-best-kitchen-counter.html)

JoeSpareBedroom[_3_] September 14th 10 10:47 PM

Best kitchen counter?

"Higgs Boson" wrote in message
I have to replace the deteriorated tiles around my sink, so might as
well redo the whole counter. A while back I researched extensively,
but maybe technology has moved on?

I want sturdiness and easy care, not the delicate kind that dings or
cracks if something is dropped on it. And definitely STAIN-proof!
However, I probably can't go for the very high-end stuff unless its
value is really worth the price. Aesthetics, yes, but primarily
utilitarian.

When researching earlier, my head used to spin with all the
conflicting claims. Surely there is an outside evaluation that truly
sets forth the plusses & minuses?

I figured the gurus here have done their share of installing kitchen
counters, whether professionally or DIY, and have gotten feedback from
their respective SWMBOs.

Any guidance appreciated.

HB

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/24/garden/24granite.html