Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Rat Poison vs. Cockroaches

Andy comments:

Sprinkle Boric acid (Roach Prufe) powder on the surface and put the
rat
poison in the middle.

The Boric acid won't deter the rats, but will wipe out the roaches.
It isn't
poisonous, but interferes with there reproductive system.

Boric Acid doesn't do much against ants. However, if you lay about
1 inch circle of Seven Dust on the outside perimeter of the Borid
acid
spread, it will kill the ants. You may also have some dead roaches
clean up, tho, so if you don't have an ant problem, don't use it.....

Boric acid isn't poisonous to people, and has been uses as an
eyewash
when chemically pure. It is also called orthoboric acid. It' won't
kill pets
but will completely eliminate a roach problem...

Personally, for mice/rats, I use standard traps baited with peanut
butter.
If roaches are a problem, I put it in the middle of a Boric acid
spread......

..... ya gotta tailor the weapon to the pest...

Andy in Eureka, Texas

PS If you have a sign saying "HACIENDA" on the side of your truck,
it will keep Mexicans away....
Posted to alt.home.repair

In ,
Andy wrote in part:

Sprinkle Boric acid (Roach Prufe) powder on the surface and put the
rat poison in the middle.

The Boric acid won't deter the rats, but will wipe out the roaches.
It isn't poisonous, but interferes with there reproductive system.

Wiki says it has a toxic effect on roaches if eaten by them, and it
also mucks up their exoskeletons.

My experience is that Combat and similar roach baits are somewhat
effective.

Also in my experience, little else easily available kills roaches except
brute force, heat, and getting them wet with organic solvents.
--
- Don Klipstein )
Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Red is offline

On Sep 7, 5:26*pm, (Don Klipstein) wrote:

*The Boric acid won't deter the rats, but will wipe out the roaches.
It isn't poisonous, but interferes with there reproductive system.

* Wiki says it has a toxic effect on roaches if eaten by them, and it
also mucks up their exoskeletons.

* My experience is that Combat and similar roach baits are somewhat
effective.

* Also in my experience, little else easily available kills roaches except
brute force, heat, and getting them wet with organic solvents.
--
*- Don Klipstein )

Here's a DIY recipe for a guaranteed killer roach bait.

1/4c boric acid
1/4c flour & corn meal mix
2 tbs bacon grease
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp minced onion.
Add just enough water to make a semi-stiff paste.
Roll in small balls and place under appliances, in cabinets, closets,
etc. (anywhere pets can't get them).

Posted to alt.home.repair

Andy comments:

No doubt that will kill the roaches.....

In a couple decades of renting houses to people who often
weren't as clean as I would have liked, I used the following
method to get rid of roaches:

I open all the cabinets and nooks and crannies in
closets and put in a tablespoon of Boric Acid. Then
I would set my vacuum cleaner on "blow" and blow
the powder around in such a manner as to put a
very light coating in all the dark places, under counters
behind drawers, etc. Then I would warn the tenants
not to vacuum up the powder if they came upon it.

Within a few days there would be no roaches, and there
would be no dead roaches all over the floor or in the
cabinets to clean up...

Whatever the mechanism, the critters apparently went
back to their nests to die.

I didn't use poisons, since that would leave dead roach
bodies all over the place, be harmful to pets and small
children, etc.........

Just the powder did the trick....

Another way is to dissolve the powder in water and
use a sprayer to coat everything I could find. The water
would evaporate and leave an ultra thin residue on the
surface that also worked well...... They don't have to
eat it, just walk on it.....

Anyway, I'm just passing along first hand experience
that was developed by trial and error. If you have a better
way, this is certainly the place to post it...

Andy in Eureka, Texas
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 7, 9:01*pm, Red wrote:
[...]

Seems like a lot of trouble, no offense. I got rid of mine by simply
strewing boric acid in all likely places INCLUDING under shelf paper
and drawer liners. Around baseboards and entrances, of course.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Seems like a lot of trouble, no offense. I got rid of mine by simply
strewing boric acid in all likely places INCLUDING under shelf paper
and drawer liners. Around baseboards and entrances, of course.

Andy comments:

When I just dusted it, it left a powder that tenants in the house
tended to vacuum up in their efforts to "clean" the place.

When I used the vacuum cleaner on "blow" , it tended to coat
every damn thing in the place, cling to walls and filter into
crevices, and didn't leave little piles to attract attention.....

Same thing with dissolving in water and spraying....

As far as Red's idea of mixing it with stuff that roaches like
so they will eat it, .... I'm sure that works , also. And the
smell would attract roaches from other planets to come and
feed also. Maybe that's a good idea. I'm sure it would attract
my dogs, who would lick the stuff up and clean it for me.
Probly wouldn't hurt them, but they don't seem to have
any interest in plain old Boric acid..... I've tasted it and
can't blame them.....

Actually, maybe I could smear some on their private parts
so they wouldn't lick themselves so much when guests
come by...... just thinking out loud..

Andy in Eureka, Texas
Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Don Klipstein, jwpierce3 wrote:
Bengal Roach Spray works fabulous on roaches and bedbugs.

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...es-491075-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

You sounded so smart till the end. ****ing ignorant asshole

Rat Poison vs. Cockroaches Frank[_13_] Home Repair 0 September 7th 10 01:53 PM
Rat Poison vs. Cockroaches The Daring Dufas[_6_] Home Repair 0 September 7th 10 07:41 AM
Cockroaches waheed Home Repair 30 December 26th 06 12:44 PM
I hate cockroaches!!! Phisherman Home Repair 9 October 11th 06 02:04 AM