DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Running Romex and attic rafters? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/308026-re-running-romex-attic-rafters.html)

Wayne Whitney August 12th 10 03:34 PM

Running Romex and attic rafters?

On 2010-08-12, wrote:

They use the term "guard strips". Does that mean one strip on each
side of the cable or is just one along one side it sufficient?

I would say one is sufficient, but I agree it is not 100% clear.

Also, without the cable being attached to the furring strip, I guess
the strip has to be high enough so that the cable can't sag enough
between rafters to stick out beyond it.

You can attach the cable to the furring strip, just not the face.
E.g., just use a big zip tie around the guard strip and the cable.
Just watch out for bundling--don't group together more than 4 of the 2
conductor cables at once.

What would normally be used, something about 3/4" thick?

That is what I would use, a 1x2.

Cheers, Wayne