Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dryer vent hose is filling up with water!

replying to Matthew Kirk, DIYguyGoSharks wrote:
For What it's worth.
When the moist, warm air inside the vent pipe takes a long journey and then
reaches the cold attic air, it condenses back to a liquid and flows through
the vent pipe to the base of the clothes dryer. One of the simplest solutions
would be to insulate the outside of the exposed pipe in the attic area.Dec 5,
2009
How to properly vent a dryer to avoid water woes | The Seattle Times
https://www.seattletimes.com/life/.....id-water-woes/

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...er-452005-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Mitch, Lois Willman wrote:
We had the same problem and found out that the vent piping was blocked near
the end. Cleaned it out with a vent cleaning rotating brush sold at Lowes and
Home Depot. That solved the problem.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...er-452005-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Jim Elbrecht, Matt Hohmann wrote:
My wife did the exact same thing said it was taken about three to three and a
half hours for the clothes to dry so I checked the vent from outside and also
from inside where the dryer hooks to the wall I use my Shop-Vac and literally
got gallons of water along with mass quantity of lint buildup. I have also
never heard or seen anything like this until I saw it for myself.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...er-452005-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Mitch, Greg wrote:
The most likely reason for the water in the dryer vent hose is a blockage
somewhere in the vent near the roof. If there is not sufficient airflow then
there is nowhere for the moist air to escape causing condensation in the line.
Get them runs back and all the way down into the dryer vent hose. This is
fairly common when there is a long run of ductwork and also in colder
climates. My guess is you few get up on the roof and check the damper, you
will find that there is a problem with the flapper or it is just completely
clogged

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...er-452005-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to norminn, Big_Will wrote:
This can absolutely happen just dumped a gallon out of my dry hose other sites
say you can get 1-2 gallons the water is coming from the wet clothes and
condensing in the hose before it can get exhausted. If the dryer hose is too
long or restricted condensation will occur in the pipe and water will coalesce
back down to the low spot in the vent. in my case I repaired the heater
element and while the unit was down I cleaned the inside of the unit
completely. My big mistake was not understanding the vent hose it was about
4feet long and after clamping it in place I crinkled it up after sliding the
unit back into place. Another previous comment Dre doubt on the ability of the
hose clamps to hold 16 pounds of water. It is possible, in fact I was
surprised this tinfoil looking hose could even hold water it is so easy to
puncture a hole and was amazed it held water while I unclamped it and carried
it full of water to the outside to dump it.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...er-452005-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 13 Oct 2018 15:44:08 GMT, Big_Will
m wrote:

[...]

I know this is an OLDS thread - but it bears repeating. A drier vent
should NOT be a HOSE.

The vent should be an aluminum hard duct, run straight up from the
drier,then sloped downwards to the external vent the same as a
plumbing drain. It should be taped at all joints, not screwed (screws
catch lint, causing the pipe to plug). The duct should be assembled
with all internal joints pointed "downstream" for the same reason. Any
vent in "unconditioned space" should be insulated if more than4-6
feet. Look into the magnrtic duct connectors (google "magvent") to
eliminate the problem with flexible connections to the drier, or use
the optional side outlet on the drier if space connects. Virtually all
driers are convertible to side outlet - and it is a very simple job.
Posted to alt.home.repair

m wrote:

[...]

Mine is flexible aluminum. A repairman pointed out that the flexible
plastic coated type spring I was using was not code and a drier fire
might not be covered by insurance because of this.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Greetings Mitch!

Hope all is well on your end.This is in regards to dryer vent/hose thread from ten years ago. Im currently experiencing the aforementioned problem! Minus gallons of water. Instead, volume of water is closer to 2/3 C.

Was the root identified?

Did you solve the problem?
If yes ] Will you please share your solution with me?
If not ] Did you hire professional repair services? Did they at least solve the problem?

I sincerely appreciate all advice that you or anyone else with similar experience can provide. Hopefully 10 years later you all have awesome solutions.. I will be awaiting optimistically! Hopefully there was a solution and no need for any of you to replace the dryer.

Respectfully, Lori Perez

Posted to alt.home.repair

Greetings Mitch!

Hope all is well on your end.This is in regards to dryer vent/hose thread from ten years ago. Im currently experiencing the aforementioned problem! Minus gallons of water. Instead, volume of water is closer to 2/3 C.

Was the root identified?

Did you solve the problem?
If yes ] Will you please share your solution with me?
If not ] Did you hire professional repair services? Did they at least solve the problem?

I sincerely appreciate any advice that you or anyone else with similar experience can provide. This will be a HUGE help, Optimistically, there was a solution and no need for dryer replacement.

Respectfully,

Lori Perez

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...er-452005-.htm

Safe dryer vent hose Daniel Prince Home Repair 12 November 11th 09 12:32 AM
Filling Tumble Dryer Vent AJ UK diy 3 December 3rd 08 11:35 PM
Dryer vent hose - does it have to go straight out the rear? nafuk UK diy 5 August 10th 07 12:11 PM
Dryer vent hose - does it have to go straigh out the rear? nafuk UK diy 6 August 9th 07 11:27 AM
Dryer vent hose Ed Hayes Home Repair 4 November 18th 05 01:38 PM