DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Help please: cutting styrofoam sheets (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/306131-re-help-please-cutting-styrofoam-sheets.html)

Steve Barker[_6_] July 8th 10 01:56 PM

Help please: cutting styrofoam sheets

On 7/3/2010 6:09 PM, Zz Yzx wrote:
My shop has a steel roll-up "garage" door that faces a blistering sun
for several hrs/day. I'm determined to insulate it. The easiest way
I see is to slap some styrofoam shhet insulation onto it.

I can get 4' X 8' sheets at Big-Box for a good-enouhg price, but need
to trim the sheets down to ~ 44" X 22" to fit into the recesses of the
door.

What's the best way to cut 1-1/2" or 2" styrofoam sheets? I don't
have a "hot wire" cutting tool.

Thanks a heap,
--Zz

i worked at a hot tub factory for a while and was using 1" foam to
insulate the cabinets. I just cut it on the table saw.

--
Steve Barker