DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   OT- Google Voice? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/305888-re-ot-google-voice.html)

PhoneGuy July 4th 10 04:24 PM

OT- Google Voice?

responding to
http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...ce-450833-.htm
PhoneGuy wrote:

Joe J wrote:

Anybody tried the new Google Voice and have any opinions?
Thanks,

I've had a Google Voice number almost since it came out. It is very nice
to have a local number for may faminly to call in Phoenix and it rings my
phones here in Boise. It has quality issues at times with latency and
dropped calls. I've had a few clients who use the number for their
business with dubious results. I think it's fine for residential non
critical use but not for business use.

Greg

All Call Technologies Virtual Phone Services
www.allcalltechnologies.com

Joe J July 5th 10 07:48 PM

OT- Google Voice?-update

roups.com...
PhoneGuy wrote:

Joe J wrote:

Anybody tried the new Google Voice and have any opinions?
Thanks,

I've had a Google Voice number almost since it came out. It is very nice
to have a local number for may faminly to call in Phoenix and it rings my
phones here in Boise. It has quality issues at times with latency and
dropped calls. I've had a few clients who use the number for their
business with dubious results. I think it's fine for residential non
critical use but not for business use.

Greg

All Call Technologies Virtual Phone Services
www.allcalltechnologies.com

I told my brother about it and he signed up. He loves it! His wife calls
her relatives in the Netherlands weekly and he just went from .12 per minute
to .02 for most international calling. He told her to talk all she wants,
which she always did anyway!

Thanks for the opinions!