Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Please help with basement insulation

After finding out I had termites I also found mold in my basement! A
section of my basement is above ground and insulated by the builder
with fiberglass and the vapor barrier on the inside of the basement. I
live in IL so its very hot and humid during the summer. So I'm now in
the process of getting rid of the insulation and cleaning up the mold
with vinegar.

I picked up a dehumidifier but can't decide on what to replace the
insulation with. The spray in foam I think would be to expensive for
calling someone out. Would going with the 2 inch rigid foam board be
ok? I guess the stuff also has to be covered with drywall for fire
code. Was hoping to leave it exposed for easier termite and mold
inspection in the future. Then again I'm guessing the drywall could
further help with insulation.

I've asked in a few places and not getting any responses. What are the
alternatives to stuffing mold food in the walls?

thank you

basement insulation zek Home Repair 3 November 22nd 06 02:02 PM
Wet Insulation in Basement Walls Jake Home Repair 6 August 7th 06 08:14 PM
Basement insulation in SC eberning Home Repair 4 March 14th 06 01:55 AM
Basement Insulation Mick Home Repair 10 December 23rd 04 01:14 AM
Insulation of basement ceiling... spotty Home Repair 8 December 17th 04 09:13 PM