DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Electronic stove ignition (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/305666-electronic-stove-ignition.html)

notbob June 25th 10 03:10 AM

Electronic stove ignition

I have a Peerless-Premier 24" compact propane stove in which the
electronic burner/oven ignition is inoperative. Looks like wires from
on/off valve knobs and to spark thingies between the burners. Don't
seem to be mechanical piezo ignitors. I suspect a bad "electronic"
module lurking somewhere. I've seen "A and N type" electonic ignition
mentioned but can find no details.

Any advice?

nb

[email protected] June 25th 10 04:36 AM

Electronic stove ignition

On Jun 24, 10:10*pm, notbob wrote:
I have a Peerless-Premier 24" compact propane stove in which the
electronic burner/oven ignition is inoperative. *Looks like wires from
on/off valve knobs and to spark thingies between the burners. *Don't
seem to be mechanical piezo ignitors. *I suspect a bad "electronic"
module lurking somewhere. *I've seen "A and N type" electonic ignition
mentioned but can find no details.

Any advice?

nb

clean burners very thoroughly.

junk spilled food builds up andf shorts ignition, and sometimes module
is bad

jamesgangnc[_3_] June 25th 10 11:33 AM

Electronic stove ignition

On Jun 24, 10:10*pm, notbob wrote:
I have a Peerless-Premier 24" compact propane stove in which the
electronic burner/oven ignition is inoperative. *Looks like wires from
on/off valve knobs and to spark thingies between the burners. *Don't
seem to be mechanical piezo ignitors. *I suspect a bad "electronic"
module lurking somewhere. *I've seen "A and N type" electonic ignition
mentioned but can find no details.

Any advice?

nb

Get the model number and start doing parts searches. I find the ipb's
on those sites to be pretty helpful for diagnstics as well.