DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   The Hurricane list is out - how do you prepare for one outsidethe "zone?" (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/304259-re-hurricane-list-out-how-do-you-prepare-one-outsidethe-zone.html)

[email protected][_2_] June 5th 10 02:01 PM

The Hurricane list is out - how do you prepare for one outsidethe "zone?"

clipped
During some flood several years ago, there was a news item about a guy
who sandbagged all around his house after laying up plastic tarps.
There was about 3-4 feet of flood water, but none got into his home, I
was impressed :o) Dang lot of work.

You left out a gun with plenty of ammo :)

I thought of it :o) Those inclined probably already have it on their
list :o)

HeyBub[_3_] June 5th 10 04:19 PM

wrote:
clipped
During some flood several years ago, there was a news item about a
guy who sandbagged all around his house after laying up plastic
tarps. There was about 3-4 feet of flood water, but none got into
his home, I was impressed :o) Dang lot of work.

You left out a gun with plenty of ammo :)

I thought of it :o) Those inclined probably already have it on their
list :o)

Of course. Still, it should be a reminder to those who are not so inclined.