Posted to alt.home.repair
jb jb is offline

Default Cleaning Concrete dried film on slate

Our inground pool has slate tiles surrounding it and set in concrete.
The concrete had cracked and chipped out. We mixed up new concrete patch
and filled in the voids. We didn't do it neatly and now have concrete
residue on the slate. It's mainly a film. Whats the best way to clean
this up. It's been a week since we did the job. Thanks for your help
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 06/04/2010 10:17 PM, jb wrote:
Our inground pool has slate tiles surrounding it and set in concrete.
The concrete had cracked and chipped out. We mixed up new concrete patch
and filled in the voids. We didn't do it neatly and now have concrete
residue on the slate. It's mainly a film. Whats the best way to clean
this up. It's been a week since we did the job. Thanks for your help

I'd try wiping it with vinegar, acid is usually the ticket for cleaning
up concrete

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 5, 3:42�am, Nate Nagel wrote:
On 06/04/2010 10:17 PM, jb wrote:

Our inground pool has slate tiles surrounding it and set in concrete.
The concrete had cracked and chipped out. We mixed up new concrete patch
and filled in the voids. We didn't do it neatly and now have concrete
residue on the slate. It's mainly a film. Whats the best way to clean
this up. It's been a week since we did the job. Thanks for your help

I'd try wiping it with vinegar, acid is usually the ticket for cleaning
up concrete

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.http://members.cox.net/njnagel

You can buy hydrochloric acid based product to remove this.
Posted to alt.home.repair

jb wrote:
Our inground pool has slate tiles surrounding it and set in concrete.
The concrete had cracked and chipped out. We mixed up new concrete
patch and filled in the voids. We didn't do it neatly and now have
concrete residue on the slate. It's mainly a film. Whats the best way
to clean this up. It's been a week since we did the job. Thanks for
your help

There's a product used to remove mortar skim from tile that may help. Check
your local tile store for "Grout Haze Remover." Most contain Sulfamic acid.

Check:
http://www.ehow.com/how_5100679_remove-mortar-tile.html

and the nuclear-strength products:
http://www.custombuildingproducts.co...er=arc&lang=en

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 4, 7:17*pm, jb wrote:
Our inground pool has slate tiles surrounding it and set in concrete.
The concrete had cracked and chipped out. We mixed up new concrete patch
and filled in the voids. We didn't do it neatly and now have concrete
residue on the slate. It's mainly a film. Whats the best way to clean
this up. It's been a week since we did the job. Thanks for your help

Muriatic acid is used to clean concrete ( more eating a layer off) ,
you might try a small spot, read up on it it will burn you bad. Not
sure what the effect would be on slate.

OT cleaning cine film? Alistair Ross UK diy 15 August 4th 09 11:44 PM
Cleaning dried acrylic latex off bricks. SwordAngel Home Repair 5 October 11th 06 03:43 PM
Slate Floor Cleaning / Waxing -- Sealed? Problem with white crud on surface after cleaning... Jamie Dolan Home Repair 4 August 21st 06 03:39 AM
dried concrete hazak Home Repair 4 July 3rd 06 02:02 PM
removing old dried concrete spatter? Grant Erwin Metalworking 16 June 20th 05 08:13 PM