Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Condo Laws?

Isn't it a requirement of the Condo Laws in each state that owners must
get regular financial statements for the Condo Association?
Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Yadda wrote:
Isn't it a requirement of the Condo Laws in each state that owners must
get regular financial statements for the Condo Association?

What specifically, and what are requirements on the organization of the
association that will trigger what levels/types of reporting definitely
will depend on the state in question. Look on your state's web site for
starters; most have direct links to housing issues...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 03 Jun 2010 09:19:01 -0500, Yadda wrote:
Isn't it a requirement of the Condo Laws in each state that owners must
get regular financial statements for the Condo Association?

wtf has this to do with home repair?

Do you really care what states outside yours are doing?
Can't you figure out how to start a web browser, go to google,
and come up with some clever search string like "insert your state
condo law financial statement" ?

I found it for my state in under two seconds.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Yadda wrote:

Isn't it a requirement of the Condo Laws in each state that owners must
get regular financial statements for the Condo Association?

Since law varies from state to state, your question can't be answered as stated.

That said, why make a legal project out of it? If you are a member of the
association you are almost certainly entitled to ask for a copy of the
association financials. Ask the association treasurer...
Posted to alt.home.repair

Robert Neville wrote:
Yadda wrote:

Isn't it a requirement of the Condo Laws in each state that owners must
get regular financial statements for the Condo Association?

Since law varies from state to state, your question can't be answered as stated.

That said, why make a legal project out of it? If you are a member of the
association you are almost certainly entitled to ask for a copy of the
association financials. Ask the association treasurer...

In my state, Florida, the full statute governing condominiums is online.
Condo's in Florida are also corporations, so more statutes. Until
about 10 years ago, I believe, Florida condos and co-operatives came
under the same statutes. I know for fact that Florida requires certain
records to be available and copies provided if requested...if your condo
has a management company, the financials and other records may be
provided by them. Call them, or a member of your condo board.

Florida also has regs for reserve funds, annual budget approval, etc.
In the past couple of years, Fl. condo laws have been tightened up, even
to the extent that board members sign a statement that they have read
the statutes (or bylaws?)...I fully understand the reason for that
particular law.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
m...
Robert Neville wrote:
Yadda wrote:

[...]

I'm in Florida too and have often thought that an IQ test might be
appropriate.

Charlie

Ultimate laws Calif Bill[_2_] Metalworking 0 July 21st 09 02:38 AM
Remodeling upstairs condo, power out downstairs condo Norminn Home Repair 14 July 5th 07 07:28 PM
Laws Cliff Metalworking 4 March 31st 06 10:34 AM
Water Bye Laws waddy UK diy 8 January 13th 05 12:28 AM