Posted to sci.chem.coatings,sci.chem,alt.home.repair

Default Specing out coating?

Is there a website or calculator for specing out coatings?

What is the frame of reference for permeability/breathability
(30%?), elongation (300%), tensile strength (2000 psi?), viscosity (to
make for a 100 mil coat), I want to spec polyurea.com coating for a 5%
asbestos 95% chaulk "sand paint" 5000 sq ft (whole house) ceiling. It
has a few long, stable structural house-settling cracks. We have a
few tears in the ceiling caused by (since repaired) roof damage
leakage. And we have some lye (Tide) damage peeling from removing
mildew. Most pernicious at this moment are slow, seasonal perspiration
cracks from ventilation ducts and windows. While we are at it, I'd
like to reinforce my hunch that the 1965 "sand paint" is about 5%
asbestos. I've seek UK "artex" cited at 3.8% crysolite and US
"asbestos paint" at 5%, but none that actually say "sand paint", so I
can't be sure. In the ast I've put tyvek wall liner with heavy
wallpaper glue. I could put on a new layer of sheetrock or tin tiles,
but the idea of just fixing the entire house with a paintbrush seems
very appealing.
- = -
http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm

DIY powder coating Existential Angst Metalworking 0 December 1st 09 05:11 PM
powder coating? [email protected] Metalworking 3 December 2nd 05 03:54 PM
OT - Teflon Coating stone Metalworking 3 September 29th 05 02:04 PM
Powder Coating Rob Mills Home Repair 8 August 26th 05 08:15 PM
Tool coating Scott D. Magee Woodworking 4 March 26th 05 02:54 PM