DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Freezer question, your experience. (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/304092-re-freezer-question-your-experience.html)

Jim K[_2_] June 2nd 10 07:27 PM

Freezer question, your experience.

On Jun 2, 7:09 pm, (Doug Miller) wrote:
In article , "Rod Speed" wrote:
Doug Miller wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Fake ID wrote
Mark Thorson wrote
john hamilton wrote

The Miela has this feature which is suppose to expel the
air inside, after the lid is closed. With less air trapped the
theory is that it will not need defrosting as often as normal.

You mean there's a partial vacuum inside?
Wouldn't that make plastic bags and
unopened milk cartons burst?

Wouldn't the unopened milk cartons burst anyway once the milk froze?

Nope, its only glass containers that burst when the contents freeze.

Wrong.

Nope, I do it quite a bit with milk, basically when defrosting the fridge.

Fill a cardboard milk carton with water, freeze it, and see what happens.
According to you, it won't burst. But you're wrong.

Leave a six-pack of beer in your car trunk overnight in the middle of the
winter. According to you, the cans won't burst. But you're wrong.

who said anything about cardboard milk cartons?

frozen coke cans just pop out the inverted base if yyou freeze them
(over here anyways ;))

Jim K

ARWadsworth June 2nd 10 07:49 PM

wrote:
[...]

The coke cans do but I can assure you that cans of Stella pop the ring pulls
if left in a freezer.

Adam