Posted to alt.home.repair

Default GFCI wall outlet in unfinished basement

On May 19, 6:08*pm, "Beta-42" wrote:
I want to add a surface-mounted GFCI outlet on the wall in an unfinished
basement (for a washing machine). *The wiring going to the outlet will be
12/2 NM.

I think I can figure out how to do it if I just use a metal box and metal
conduit. *But, I am wondering if there is a way that I can do it using
plastic/PVC instead of metal. *I am thinking of using this type of PVC box:

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/items/4FYW1,

and then running the 12/2 NM wire down along the wall through 1/2-inch PVC
conduit to get to the box.

If I do that, my question is, "Is there some type of fitting or adapter that
goes on the top end of the PVC conduit where the 12/2 NM enters the PVC
conduit?"

If so, is that type of fitting shown anywhere in this product brochure?:

http://www.kraloyfittings.com/downlo...loy%20ftgs.pdf

Thanks.

I don’t think you can run 12/2 NM and still comply with The NEC. How
far is the distance? If the distance is very short I don’t think it
matters.