DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Which cordless drill should i buy ? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/302073-cordless-drill-should-i-buy.html)

desgnr[_2_] April 23rd 10 01:47 PM

Which cordless drill should i buy ?

My choices are.
Skill $89.00
Ridgid from Home Depot with LIFETIME WARRANTY $90.00
Porter Cable 18 V. with 2 batteries Ni-Cad $99.00

--
Dell Inspiron
Pentium dual-core 2.2 GHz

ransley April 25th 10 04:54 PM

On Apr 23, 7:47*am, "desgnr" wrote:
My choices are.
Skill $89.00
Ridgid from Home Depot with LIFETIME WARRANTY *$90.00
Porter Cable 18 V. with 2 batteries Ni-Cad $99.00

--
Dell Inspiron
Pentium dual-core 2.2 GHz
2 GB DDR2 SDRAM
Windows Vista Home Premium SP1

I dont see any build quality in skill or the PC battery tools, Its too
bad because PC used to be #1 and I have alot of their old AC stuff. I
think those two are about as low as you go in expecting quality,
Ridgid I have had alot of their battery tools for 3 years and im
happy. The warranty and ease of service was the main reason, but they
are quality made.

Joe April 26th 10 03:15 AM

On Apr 23, 7:47*am, "desgnr" wrote:
My choices are.
Skill $89.00
Ridgid from Home Depot with LIFETIME WARRANTY *$90.00
Porter Cable 18 V. with 2 batteries Ni-Cad $99.00

--
Dell Inspiron
Pentium dual-core 2.2 GHz
2 GB DDR2 SDRAM
Windows Vista Home Premium SP1

Save yourself a lot of misery and buy a quality Li ion 18V drill.
Batteries are quite $$, so if the Rigid is a Lt ion type, go for that.
When your job demands and skill levels dictate, consider Milwaukee and
other more professional tools.

Joe

willshak April 29th 10 12:42 AM

desgnr wrote the following:
My choices are.
Skill $89.00
Ridgid from Home Depot with LIFETIME WARRANTY $90.00
Porter Cable 18 V. with 2 batteries Ni-Cad $99.00

You didn't like any of the responses you got for the same question on
4/21/10?

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

RicodJour April 29th 10 03:29 AM

On Apr 23, 8:47*am, "desgnr" wrote:
My choices are.
Skill $89.00
Ridgid from Home Depot with LIFETIME WARRANTY *$90.00
Porter Cable 18 V. with 2 batteries Ni-Cad $99.00

Your choice of CAPS indicates what's important to you. Go with that.