DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Of course my garbage disposal had to break THIS way (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/301949-re-course-my-garbage-disposal-had-break-way.html)

JawBone April 23rd 10 03:35 AM

Of course my garbage disposal had to break THIS way

"Mike" wrote in message

: So what do you think? Is this fixable, or is a replacement disposal
: the only viable way to go? If I do end up getting a plan to fix the
: unit, it seems like pulling teh disposal from the sink will be the
: only way to get down into the guts where the bolt meets the motor.

Years ago, when my car's alternator or starter acted up, I replaced a diode
or brushes. Can't even buy small parts anymore. Go to a parts place and
they'll gladly sell a remanufactured or new 'assembly'. Time is money. Get a
new unit and be done with it in an hour.