DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Vent stack too short at roof (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/301565-re-vent-stack-too-short-roof.html)

don &/or Lucille April 17th 10 01:15 PM

Vent stack too short at roof

Black plastic is usually ABS
"Skylar" wrote in message
I just had a plumber help me with some remodeling. One of the items he
did was swap out my old cast iron stack with a black PVC stack... well
I got up on the roof today, and the darn thing is practically flush
with the rubber boot (maybe an inch or so beyond it).

We're in Ohio, so I think code says it has to hit 12" because of snow.
What are my options? My plan was to simply buy a coupler and another
12" of pipe and try to pvc-glue it together... is that allowed by code?