DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Stucco "Wash" lime&cement (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/300926-stucco-wash-lime-cement.html)

[email protected] April 4th 10 06:15 AM

Stucco "Wash" lime&cement

I have a old stucco covered home that has been painted. The surface
is very old and shows some of the underling cement/stucco.

Has anyone made their own mixture to cover over the stucco. I was
thinking if there was some cement in the mixture it may reinforce the
surface a bit.

Thanks

Oren[_2_] April 4th 10 06:31 AM

Stucco "Wash" lime&cement

On Sat, 03 Apr 2010 22:15:49 -0700, wrote:

I have a old stucco covered home that has been painted. The surface
is very old and shows some of the underling cement/stucco.

Has anyone made their own mixture to cover over the stucco. I was
thinking if there was some cement in the mixture it may reinforce the
surface a bit.

Thanks

Over paint, fixing small areas I've used a "stucco patch" from HD. I
don't know about Canada. New paint, after that works well. The product
is pre-mixed and easy to apply for small hair-line cracks. Comes in a
quart sized containers.

ransley April 4th 10 12:09 PM

Stucco "Wash" lime&cement

On Apr 4, 12:15*am, wrote:
I have a old stucco covered home that has been painted. *The surface
is very old and shows some of the underling cement/stucco.

Has anyone made their own mixture to cover over the stucco. *I was
thinking if there was some cement in the mixture it may reinforce the
surface a bit.

Thanks

The old paint wont allow a complete bond.