Old March 18th 10, 08:52 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Default Where to get Bentonite clay (Home Depot? Target?)

I'd like to get a handful of bentonite clay but am unsure where to get it.

Any suggestions?

I tried Home Depot and Target but they didn't have it in my area.

Old March 18th 10, 09:08 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 12:52:35 -0700, LM
wrote:

I'd like to get a handful of bentonite clay but am unsure where to get it.

Any suggestions?

I tried Home Depot and Target but they didn't have it in my area.

Ebay- Amazon- Google shopping. So it takes a week to get it-- buy
some & go to the next project on the to-do list. [if this is for the
last project on your to-do list, where are you? I could use some help
with mine.g]

Jim
Old March 18th 10, 09:25 PM posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I'd like to get a handful of bentonite clay but am unsure where to
get it.

Any suggestions?

I tried Home Depot and Target but they didn't have it in my area.

Ebay- Amazon- Google shopping. So it takes a week to get it-- buy
some & go to the next project on the to-do list. [if this is for the
last project on your to-do list, where are you? I could use some help
with mine.g]

Jim

clumping kitty litter is frequently (but not always) bentonite. this is used
in pottery glazes and in bronze foundry work, so a ceramics supply can get
it if they don't have it.

what are you using it for?

Old March 18th 10, 09:31 PM posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I'd like to get a handful of bentonite clay but am unsure where to
get it.

Any suggestions?

I tried Home Depot and Target but they didn't have it in my area.

Ebay- Amazon- Google shopping. * *So it takes a week to get it-- buy
some & go to the next project on the to-do list. [if this is for the
last project on your to-do list, where are you? *I could use some help
with mine.g]

Jim

clumping kitty litter is frequently (but not always) bentonite. this is used
in pottery glazes and in bronze foundry work, so a ceramics supply can get
it if they don't have it.

what are you using it for?- Hide quoted text -

Try a sand and gravel yard, or major (not big box) building supply.

They sell by the ton but would probably give you a handful.

Well drillers use lots of it, you might try a well driller supply.
Old March 18th 10, 10:39 PM posted to alt.home.repair

In article , LM wrote:
I'd like to get a handful of bentonite clay but am unsure where to get it.

Any suggestions?

I tried Home Depot and Target but they didn't have it in my area.

Sure they do. The most common brand names are "Cat's Pride" and "Oil-Dri". :-)
Any old generic kitty litter will do.

Old March 18th 10, 10:44 PM posted to alt.home.repair

In article , LM wrote:
I'd like to get a handful of bentonite clay but am unsure where to get it.

Any suggestions?

I tried Home Depot and Target but they didn't have it in my area.

If you need pure bentonite, try a wine making supply store.

For that matter, I have some excess bentonite from winemaking. I'll send it to
you for the cost of postage. If you're interested, email me at
doug at milmac dot com.

Old March 19th 10, 02:47 AM posted to alt.home.repair

LM wrote:
I'd like to get a handful of bentonite clay but am unsure where to get it.

Any suggestions?

I tried Home Depot and Target but they didn't have it in my area.

here's the ones i take:

http://shop.vitadocs.com/index.php?p...product_id=124

Old March 19th 10, 03:01 AM posted to alt.home.repair

Benton?

smiles Geological formations are commonly named accoriding to nearby
geographic names. "Bentonite" is in fact named after Benton SD. There
is no clay mineral "bentonite"; the rock term refers to the
montmorrilinite clay (predominate) with traces of quartz, &tc.

DAMHIKT.

-Zz
Old March 19th 10, 03:02 AM posted to alt.home.repair

news
wrote:

I'd like to get a handful of bentonite clay but am unsure where to get it.

Any suggestions?

OMIGAWD! I've poured thousands of pounds of it down a feeder tube into
drilling mud. Pallets and pallets of it. It is used in drilling
operations, and for lining ponds. Google it, and perhaps you can find a
source for small amounts.

I never ever ever realized in my lifetime I would actually see someone
trying to find some when we had tons of it laying around. Nasty black slick
as snot bentonite.

Steve

Home Depot - Home Services Experiences Frank[_3_] Home Repair 11 August 9th 07 07:01 AM
Is Home Depot shafting shoppers? "Home Depot is a consistent abuser of its customers' time." Stephen Blackpool Home Repair 65 March 17th 07 01:53 PM
FREE Home Depot Home Improvement How-To-Guide [email protected] Home Repair 3 June 3rd 06 12:06 AM
home depot Don Haynes Woodworking 50 May 17th 05 02:57 AM
Home Depot at home services, any good reports? [email protected] Home Repair 8 January 20th 05 08:27 PM