DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Looking for GU-10+C bulb (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/298490-looking-gu-10-c-bulb.html)

Ben February 20th 10 08:08 PM

Looking for GU-10+C bulb

This summer, I got a Portfolio model 16032 light fixture that has four
halogen bulbs. One of them just gave out, so I went to replace it.
The bulb is 50W GU-10+C, but the replacement GU10 bulb I got gave off
a very different light from the ones that came with the fixture.
After looking closer, I could see that the bulbs that came with the
fixture have a clear collar just over the porcelain base but the
replacement's reflector covered much of the collar. As a result, the
original bulbs illuminate the glass quite a bit and the replacement
looks very dim.

I'm guessing that that's what the "+C" stands for on my bulb. I've
now been to about 4 places and no one seems to carry a clear collar
bulb. I'd rather not replace all four. Does anyone have a suggestion
as to where I might get a proper replacement?

Thanks in advance,
-Ben

John Grabowski February 20th 10 08:52 PM

Looking for GU-10+C bulb

This summer, I got a Portfolio model 16032 light fixture that has four
halogen bulbs. One of them just gave out, so I went to replace it.
The bulb is 50W GU-10+C, but the replacement GU10 bulb I got gave off
a very different light from the ones that came with the fixture.
After looking closer, I could see that the bulbs that came with the
fixture have a clear collar just over the porcelain base but the
replacement's reflector covered much of the collar. As a result, the
original bulbs illuminate the glass quite a bit and the replacement
looks very dim.

I'm guessing that that's what the "+C" stands for on my bulb. I've
now been to about 4 places and no one seems to carry a clear collar
bulb. I'd rather not replace all four. Does anyone have a suggestion
as to where I might get a proper replacement?

*Your best bet is to search online. You could also try the lamp
manufacturer.

Ben February 20th 10 09:54 PM

Looking for GU-10+C bulb

On Feb 20, 4:49*pm, Jeff The Drunk wrote:
On Sat, 20 Feb 2010 12:08:15 -0800 (PST), Ben
wrote:

[...]

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=50W+GU-10%2BC

Very amusing, but the results don't really answer my question.

Ben February 20th 10 09:58 PM

Looking for GU-10+C bulb

On Feb 20, 3:52*pm, "John Grabowski" wrote:
[...]

I tried an online search, and the bulb that came with the fixture has
a logo that I don't recognize.

Reed February 20th 10 10:23 PM

Looking for GU-10+C bulb

Ben wrote:
[...]

try here
http://www.lightexports.com/servlet/...--pls-C/Detail

hr(bob) [email protected] February 21st 10 03:00 AM

Looking for GU-10+C bulb

On Feb 20, 3:58*pm, Ben wrote:
[...]

a logo that I don't recognize.- Hide quoted text -

Then go back to the manufacturer of the fixture.