Old February 21st 10, 03:51 AM posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair

Default Kitchen Corner Cabinet solution

On 2/20/2010 2:07 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Feb 20, 7:45 am, wrote:
On 2/19/2010 6:14 PM, SBH wrote:

wrote in message

I am facing a similar situation and saw this solution as well (and liked
it too). Still it seemed to me - though I never followed through on it -
that it would not be difficult to design something like this using full
extension slides. In the end, I have decided to put up a wall, a sliding
door and make the whole corner into a pantry, if that makes any sense at
all...

Maybe to others, but I'm not quite seeing the picture. Care to elaborate?

Thanks

Bad description on my part. Think of the typical blind cabinet
installation - cabs along a wall (C), ending in a blind cab at the
corner (B), and then more cabs (C) along the adjacent wall.

BCCCCCC

Now, take out the blind cab and the first cab or 2 on the adjacent wall.
Both lowers and uppers.

XXXCCCC

Wall this area in making a pantry about 2' deep (the depth of the
adjacent cab) by about 4' or more (the depth of the blind cab - 2' -
plus the width of the adjacent cabs)

If you are still with me, a sliding door goes where the adjacent cab
used to be. Now you have a full pantry from floor to ceiling.

C_
|__|CCC

I probably just confused the situation more...

I like this solution, too, but how would you get the first shelf to
pivot out of the way?http://www.pulloutcabinets.com/2008/...rner-solution/

Harvey

re "how would you get the first shelf to pivot out of the way"

I don't believe you do. I think that the set-up just allows you to
slide the back shelf over to the opening so that you can reach items
easier.

The problem I see is that the additional access is limited to the
width of the door.

I just checked my blind corner to see how well that solution would
work, and I'm not sure it would be worth the trouble.

My stick-built cabinet is 41" wide, with 27" of "blind area" and a 14"
opening.

ouch!

Old February 21st 10, 07:34 AM posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair

On Feb 20, 7:45 am, *wrote:
On 2/19/2010 6:14 PM, SBH wrote:

* *wrote in message

[...]

Ouch for that section, yes, but I love the old fashion stick-builts
with no walls between the cabinets.

I've got a few 3 & 4 doored sections that are over 5' wide - each
section is one big cabinet inside.
Old February 21st 10, 01:30 PM posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair

On Feb 20, 7:45 am, wrote:
On 2/19/2010 6:14 PM, SBH wrote:

wrote in message

[...]

Yes, I would have to agree with you there. In my current project, I had
the option to make a 7' cab, but have decided to do all drawers in the
lowers this time. Therefore I have use of the dividers for hanging the
slides on. It will still be a 7' cab, but with 2 dividers.

The uppers are another matter. I got concerned of the possible
weight/strength issues, so decided to duplicate the dividers up above.
Still, it would be nice to have 1 7' space with 3 sets of doors rather
than 3 divided spaces. But how do you hang a half overhang door in a
frameless cabinet without dividers??? choices, choices, choices...

Harvey

Kitchen Corner Cabinet solution SBH[_4_] Woodworking 25 February 21st 10 01:30 PM
Corner Cabinet Rear Leg Bob[_25_] Woodworking 6 October 11th 08 01:40 PM
Giganto-TV cabinet - File 1 of 1 - yEnc "Corner TV cabinet.JPG" 69236 bytes (1/1) Steve Woodworking Plans and Photos 0 April 1st 07 03:37 AM
CORNER CABINET J T Woodworking 2 January 6th 06 04:41 PM
Corner Cabinet Construction Mike Pio Woodworking 6 September 29th 05 12:57 AM