Old January 12th 19, 02:56 AM posted to alt.home.repair

Default Sharkbite plumbing fittings - a bad idea?

On Fri, 11 Jan 2019 18:38:55 -0500, micky
wrote:

In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 11 Jan 2019 09:49:22 -0500,
wrote:

On Fri, 11 Jan 2019 09:25:42 -0500, Wade Garrett
wrote:

On 1/11/19 1:19 AM, Davej wrote:
On Friday, January 15, 2010 at 8:23:44 PM UTC-6, Smarty wrote:
I am wondering whether there are any reasons to NOT use Sharkbite
push-fit plumbing fittings other than their relatively high cost?

I was wondering the same thing since the water-powered sump pump I
just received came with one pre-installed.

One wonders how a sump pump is water-powered...

one example :

https://www.homehardware.ca/en/water...hose/p/3125834

39.99 Canadian at the home hardware store 2Km down the road from me.

Sounds great

"1 gallon of water from a garden hose, pumps out 6 gallons of water"

Is that possible?

"Basepump uses 1 Gallon of City Water to remove 2 Gallons of Sump Water
at an average of 90 lbs. PSI and 10 Feet Lift" Basepump has been
around for 20 or more years and I think there were endorsements of it
here, and it only claims 2 gallons, but that's with a 10 foot lift. Only
the bottom of the swimming pool requires that Maybe???? when the pool
is full and it only requires a 6" lift it could do 6 gallons on one
gallon?

If it works at all since it has no price, no dimensions and no rating!

Here are better ads with price, a bit of dimensions, and this one has 3
reviews. About 35 dollars.
https://express.google.com/u/0/produ...AnsoEALw_w cB

One guy complained that it floated to the top, and turned over, so put a
weight on it!

Another ad with fewer details says "You're shopping in 21216
For more accurate pricing and availability, please provide your zip
code" That's NYC. Why does it think I'm in NYC, and why zone 16, which
I've never heard of?

Without any hoses, $21
https://www.amazon.com/G-T-Water-Pro...07072236&psc=1

John T.

Old January 13th 19, 06:23 PM
Junior Member

Location: Panama
Send a message via ICQ to WarnerCrick Send a message via AIM to WarnerCrick Send a message via Yahoo to WarnerCrick Send a message via Skype™ to WarnerCrick

I think, that you are mistaken. I can defend the position. Write to me in PM, we will talk.