Posted to alt.home.repair
rb rb is offline

Default air compressor regulators

In regard to regulators on air compressors:

If the hose is loose on the end, can pressure be shut way down on
it----or----turned way up?

I can't remember if it works that way or not.

Posted to alt.home.repair

rb wrote:
In regard to regulators on air compressors:

If the hose is loose on the end, can pressure be shut way down on
it----or----turned way up?

I can't remember if it works that way or not.

It will leak faster if you turn the pressure up. Fix the hose and don't
worry about it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

rb wrote:
I'm thinking about how to check out the regulator for operation.

Running it through an open hose you should be able to shut 'er down or turn
her way up, right?

Most but not all regulators will stop the flow when the adjustment is
unscrewed all the way. I would have just turned it all the way both
directions before posting here. Much faster.
Posted to alt.home.repair
rb rb is offline

I'm thinking about how to check out the regulator for operation.

Running it through an open hose you should be able to shut 'er down or turn
her way up, right?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Tony wrote:

rb wrote:
I'm thinking about how to check out the regulator for operation.

Running it through an open hose you should be able to shut 'er down or turn
her way up, right?

Most but not all regulators will stop the flow when the adjustment is
unscrewed all the way. I would have just turned it all the way both
directions before posting here. Much faster.

I think he's referring to venting type regulators, which I think would
be most common on air compressor regulators. Venting where you can
reduce the pressure downstream without having to release air elsewhere
downstream.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"rb" wrote in message ...
I'm thinking about how to check out the regulator for operation.

Running it through an open hose you should be able to shut 'er down or
turn her way up, right?

The hose should be closed or nearly closed. If open, the regulator may not
be able to pass enough air for the gauge to go up very far.

One way is to set the regulator to the minimum pressure and stop up the
hose. Then turn the regulator up and see if the pressure goes up. You may
have to oepn the end of the hose to let the pressure off.

Posted to alt.home.repair

rb wrote:
In regard to regulators on air compressors:

If the hose is loose on the end, can pressure be shut way down on
it----or----turned way up?

I can't remember if it works that way or not.

What exactly are you trying to do?