DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Repairing fire rated drywall? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/295341-repairing-fire-rated-drywall.html)

[email protected] January 3rd 10 03:35 AM

Repairing fire rated drywall?

Do I need to do anything special when repairing holes in fire rated
drywall (between garage and house)? Can I use any ordinary spackling
compund?

-- Dave

benick[_2_] January 3rd 10 04:45 AM

wrote in message
Do I need to do anything special when repairing holes in fire rated
drywall (between garage and house)? Can I use any ordinary spackling
compund?

-- Dave

Yes..That is how it's done..As long as it's not freezing in the
garage....HTH....

Phisherman[_2_] January 6th 10 07:11 PM

On 03 Jan 2010 03:35:17 GMT, wrote:

Do I need to do anything special when repairing holes in fire rated
drywall (between garage and house)? Can I use any ordinary spackling
compund?

-- Dave

I use drywall compound for small holes. Anything bigger than 50-cent
piece use backing material. The sticky mesh drywall tape helps to
make it easy.