Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Santa Claus Called

Santa called to ask what tools I want for Christmas. He said they have
to be $100 or less. He already knows that I'm just a neophyte handyman.
I thought about telling him to bring me a Kreg pocket hole jig, a
Milwaukee Sawzall, a battery operated Dremel kit, or a number of other
things. What would you have told him?
Posted to alt.home.repair

mcp6453 wrote:
Santa called to ask what tools I want for Christmas. He said they have
to be $100 or less. He already knows that I'm just a neophyte handyman.
I thought about telling him to bring me a Kreg pocket hole jig, a
Milwaukee Sawzall, a battery operated Dremel kit, or a number of other
things. What would you have told him?

Just give me a gift card, I want an air compressor, but I don't want a
$100 air compressor!

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Posted to alt.home.repair

Nate Nagel wrote:
mcp6453 wrote:
Santa called to ask what tools I want for Christmas. He said they
have to be $100 or less. He already knows that I'm just a neophyte
handyman. I thought about telling him to bring me a Kreg pocket hole
jig, a Milwaukee Sawzall, a battery operated Dremel kit, or a number
of other things. What would you have told him?

Just give me a gift card, I want an air compressor, but I don't want
a $100 air compressor!

I like the use air compressors, myself. The new ones are *way* past my
budget!

Jon

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 20:31:56 -0500, mcp6453 wrote:

Santa called to ask what tools I want for Christmas. He said they have
to be $100 or less. He already knows that I'm just a neophyte handyman.
I thought about telling him to bring me a Kreg pocket hole jig, a
Milwaukee Sawzall, a battery operated Dremel kit, or a number of other
things. What would you have told him?

My answer would be the Kreg Pocket Hole Jig...

pic:

http://professional-power-tool-guide...pocket-jig.jpg

Posted to alt.home.repair

mcp6453 wrote:
Santa called to ask what tools I want for Christmas. He said they have
to be $100 or less. He already knows that I'm just a neophyte
handyman. I thought about telling him to bring me a Kreg pocket hole
jig, a Milwaukee Sawzall, a battery operated Dremel kit, or a number
of other things. What would you have told him?

You DON'T want the battery-operated Dremel. You could do better with a
battery operated toothbrush.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"mcp6453" wrote

Santa called to ask what tools I want for Christmas. He said they have to
be $100 or less. He already knows that I'm just a neophyte handyman. I
thought about telling him to bring me a Kreg pocket hole jig, a Milwaukee
Sawzall, a battery operated Dremel kit, or a number of other things. What
would you have told him?

I'd have told him I am utterly *delighted* with my battery operated dremmel
that I got for the hubby for his birthday as it's just right for our small
project needs. I'd ask for a kit for small fine woodworking (hand carve
tools) suitable to make doll house furniture, and big hand lathe (adjustable
sides that can handle a 6x6 down to a 2x3).

Then again, I luv me cool tool toys!

Seriosly, most who arent happy with the small hand battery dremmel, are
trying to use it on projects that need a larger version. It's totaly the
perfect tool in it's nitch when used on a correct sized project. Not just
doll house stuff either. Honking big solid cherrywood table with delicate
filagree that cant take more than hand-sand or this? Worked a charm.

Posted to alt.home.repair

With a battery operated dremel, you can remove your own
fillings during a power cut. Get the free flashlight, and a
miror.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"HeyBub" wrote in message
mcp6453 wrote:
Santa called to ask what tools I want for Christmas. He
said they have
to be $100 or less. He already knows that I'm just a
neophyte
handyman. I thought about telling him to bring me a Kreg
pocket hole
jig, a Milwaukee Sawzall, a battery operated Dremel kit,
or a number
of other things. What would you have told him?

You DON'T want the battery-operated Dremel. You could do
better with a
battery operated toothbrush.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"mcp6453" wrote in message
Santa called to ask what tools I want for Christmas. He said they have to
be $100 or less. He already knows that I'm just a neophyte handyman. I
thought about telling him to bring me a Kreg pocket hole jig, a Milwaukee
Sawzall, a battery operated Dremel kit, or a number of other things. What
would you have told him?

I'd ask for a good turning block of some exotic tropical hardwood that I
couldn't ordinarily afford to buy -- ebony, or rosewood, or a great big
amaranth slab.

Santa Claus is Canadian bent Woodworking 6 December 24th 07 11:27 PM
Thanks Santa! david lang UK diy 16 December 27th 05 10:32 PM
Santa Clause like you have never seen him before Pat in Virginia Woodturning 1 December 30th 04 09:20 PM
Preparing Your Chimney for Santa Claus Jeff Wisnia Home Repair 0 December 21st 04 04:57 AM
Santa Claus will steal all your wood !!!!! Bruno Beam Woodturning 2 December 14th 04 07:32 PM