Posted to alt.home.repair

Default The story of the newly sticky door

So I went through both of my entry doors this fall, improving their
functionality. Both doors got weatherized properly, the back door was
improved by tightening the hinge screws (boy did that make a big
difference!), and the front door got a pretty big overhaul (door removed and
jamb re-aligned.

After that work, I enjoyed the last couple of months with easy working
doors.

Unfortunately, a little over a week ago, the back door all of a sudden
started acting up, rubbing on the handle side of the jamb. This was just
after a five day bout with unseasonably cold weather, and I thought that
might be the cause.

This was obviously very disheartening, having spent the better part of a
couple of weeks working on my doors.

Of course, prudence being the better part of valor, I didn't do anything
about the door right away, as I needed some time to properly appreciate the
situation (read: wasn't ****ed off enough yet).

Finally, the solution became apparent to me this evening. As I was closing
the door, I noticed a length of #8 THHN had found its way between the door
and the jamb, at the hinge side.

Repair was carried out immediately, with results as expected.

If it had been a snake, it would have bitten me.

Jon

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jon Danniken" wrote in message
Of course, prudence being the better part of valor, I didn't do anything
about the door right away, as I needed some time to properly appreciate
the situation (read: wasn't ****ed off enough yet).

Finally, the solution became apparent to me this evening. As I was
closing the door, I noticed a length of #8 THHN had found its way between
the door and the jamb, at the hinge side.

Repair was carried out immediately, with results as expected.

If it had been a snake, it would have bitten me.

Jon

I bet you were ****ed off after finding that though.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Dec 15, 1:20*am, "Jon Danniken"
wrote:
[...]

Confession is good for the soul.

Joe
Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
"Jon Danniken" wrote in message
Of course, prudence being the better part of valor, I didn't do
anything about the door right away, as I needed some time to
properly appreciate the situation (read: wasn't ****ed off enough
yet). Finally, the solution became apparent to me this evening. As I was
closing the door, I noticed a length of #8 THHN had found its way
between the door and the jamb, at the hinge side.

Repair was carried out immediately, with results as expected.

If it had been a snake, it would have bitten me.

Jon

I bet you were ****ed off after finding that though.

Not to much, more relieved. I had a little chuckle, too.

I'm easy on myself.

Jon

Guide To Lubricating A Sticky Door Lock & Key Paul Michaels Home Ownership 0 June 23rd 09 08:00 PM
Newly painted door problem PM UK diy 5 February 27th 06 08:23 AM
Newly painted door sticks. Sam Nickaby Home Ownership 4 September 3rd 05 04:10 PM
Newly painted door sticks. Sam Nickaby Home Repair 5 September 3rd 05 04:10 PM
Sticky patio door? eaglet Home Repair 2 September 29th 04 03:00 PM