DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   cement type roof tiles (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/293616-cement-type-roof-tiles.html)

Seamus J. Wilson December 9th 09 08:44 PM

cement type roof tiles

Storm here last night and this morning I saw one of the roof vents damaged,
standing straight up. How do I walk on flat cement tiles without breaking
them?
Thank you,
Seamus J. Wilson

Tony Hwang December 9th 09 11:41 PM

cement type roof tiles

Seamus J. Wilson wrote:
Storm here last night and this morning I saw one of the roof vents damaged,
standing straight up. How do I walk on flat cement tiles without breaking
them?
Thank you,
Seamus J. Wilson

Hi,
My neighbor has concrete tile roof. Installer left two platforms made
for walking on the roof and some spare tiles. You need something to
distribute your weight. You need two of them.

Ashton Crusher[_2_] December 10th 09 01:26 AM

cement type roof tiles

On Wed, 9 Dec 2009 13:44:36 -0700, "Seamus J. Wilson"
wrote:

Storm here last night and this morning I saw one of the roof vents damaged,
standing straight up. How do I walk on flat cement tiles without breaking
them?
Thank you,
Seamus J. Wilson

I try to walk on the area where the top tile is sitting on the bottom
tile, if that makes any sense. Maybe a couple inch's back of the
front edge of the top tile. Lift one of them up enough to look under
and you'll see what I mean. I had to have my roof worked on and the
guy doing the work just walked anywhere and nothing broke so it's
probably not even a worry.

Oren[_2_] December 10th 09 01:50 AM

cement type roof tiles

wrote:

Storm here last night and this morning I saw one of the roof vents damaged,
standing straight up. How do I walk on flat cement tiles without breaking
them?
Thank you,
Seamus J. Wilson

Tennis shoes and step lightly. My tile is a Spanish barrel type and I
walk on the valley of the tile, not the peak( stepping over each
course) Being your tile is flat it will be easier. Find a solid step,
then repeat and repeat.