DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   A new thing to worry about (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/293599-re-new-thing-worry-about.html)

Jules[_2_] December 9th 09 03:44 PM

A new thing to worry about

On Wed, 09 Dec 2009 02:23:44 -0500, mm wrote:

Powering Your Switch
Connect the supplied AC adapter to 12VDC/100mA
on the back of the switch. Then, plug the other end of the
adapter into a standard AC outlet. The power turns on.

Note: To avoid injury, do not connect the adapter to a
ceiling outlet.

:-) The PSU for our house alarm lives in an outlet on the underside of
the basement stairs - to secure it they backed off the outlet cover screw
a little and then tied it in place....

Why the person who installed the outlet didn't put it on the side of the
stairs, I don't know - it's not like there isn't plenty of room.

Michael A. Terrell December 9th 09 05:29 PM

A new thing to worry about

Jules wrote:

On Wed, 09 Dec 2009 02:23:44 -0500, mm wrote:

Powering Your Switch
Connect the supplied AC adapter to 12VDC/100mA
on the back of the switch. Then, plug the other end of the
adapter into a standard AC outlet. The power turns on.

Note: To avoid injury, do not connect the adapter to a
ceiling outlet.

:-) The PSU for our house alarm lives in an outlet on the underside of
the basement stairs - to secure it they backed off the outlet cover screw
a little and then tied it in place....

Why the person who installed the outlet didn't put it on the side of the
stairs, I don't know - it's not like there isn't plenty of room.

Maybe they didn't want it where things could be dropped on it? Or
the power cord on their grow light was too short?

--
Offworld checks no longer accepted!