DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Dryer belt installation (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/293253-dryer-belt-installation.html)

Charlie[_7_] December 3rd 09 10:19 PM

Dryer belt installation

The dryer is a Kenmore 110.86870100 made by Whirl pool.
The belt broke. In the process of disassembling the unit the belt idler
wheel bracket fell off.
I've looked at Repair Clinic and have the belt installation diagrams but I
cannot find where the idler wheel bracket is attached.
Can anyone point me to a picture that shows the position or provide a decent
description of where the bracket goes.

Thanks

Charlie

hr(bob) [email protected] December 3rd 09 10:43 PM

Dryer belt installation

On Dec 3, 4:19*pm, "Charlie" wrote:
The dryer is a Kenmore 110.86870100 made by Whirl pool.
The belt broke. In the process of disassembling the unit the belt idler
wheel bracket fell off.
I've looked at Repair Clinic and have the belt installation diagrams but I
cannot find where the idler wheel bracket is attached.
Can anyone point me to a picture that shows the position or provide a decent
description of where the bracket goes.

Thanks

Charlie

Don't you a sketch of how it fastens? It clips into a slot on the
bottom of the dryer cabinet, and the tension with the belt hold it
into the slot. I did this many years ago, it is=n't especially
obvious until you realize that the bracket is held in place by the
belt itself.

Charlie[_7_] December 3rd 09 11:01 PM

Dryer belt installation

"hr(bob) " wrote in message
On Dec 3, 4:19 pm, "Charlie" wrote:
The dryer is a Kenmore 110.86870100 made by Whirl pool.
The belt broke. In the process of disassembling the unit the belt idler
wheel bracket fell off.
I've looked at Repair Clinic and have the belt installation diagrams but I
cannot find where the idler wheel bracket is attached.
Can anyone point me to a picture that shows the position or provide a
decent
description of where the bracket goes.

Thanks

Charlie

Don't you a sketch of how it fastens? It clips into a slot on the
bottom of the dryer cabinet, and the tension with the belt hold it
into the slot. I did this many years ago, it is=n't especially
obvious until you realize that the bracket is held in place by the
belt itself.

When I got box apart, the wheel was laying on the bottom. Usually, given the
chance I take pix with the digital camera. This is more accurate than my
sketches and also captures colors if needed.

What is the orientation when it is installed?

Charlie

Red Green December 3rd 09 11:05 PM

Dryer belt installation

"Charlie" wrote in
:

The dryer is a Kenmore 110.86870100 made by Whirl pool.
The belt broke. In the process of disassembling the unit the belt
idler wheel bracket fell off.
I've looked at Repair Clinic and have the belt installation diagrams
but I cannot find where the idler wheel bracket is attached.
Can anyone point me to a picture that shows the position or provide a
decent description of where the bracket goes.

Thanks

Charlie

http://i.ehow.com/images/GlobalPhoto...-main_Full.jpg

Also:

http://www.applianceaid.com/whirlpoo...rs.html#noises

Click the hyperlinks within.

[email protected] December 4th 09 01:56 AM

Dryer belt installation

On Thu, 3 Dec 2009 17:19:34 -0500, "Charlie"
wrote:

The dryer is a Kenmore 110.86870100 made by Whirl pool.
The belt broke. In the process of disassembling the unit the belt idler
wheel bracket fell off.
I've looked at Repair Clinic and have the belt installation diagrams but I
cannot find where the idler wheel bracket is attached.
Can anyone point me to a picture that shows the position or provide a decent
description of where the bracket goes.

Thanks

Charlie

It just slips into a slot in the bottom of the dryer.

hr(bob) [email protected] December 4th 09 02:48 AM

Dryer belt installation

wrote:

The dryer is a Kenmore 110.86870100 made by Whirl pool.
The belt broke. In the process of disassembling the unit the belt idler
wheel bracket fell off.
I've looked at Repair Clinic and have the belt installation diagrams but I
cannot find where the idler wheel bracket is attached.
Can anyone point me to a picture that shows the position or provide a decent
description of where the bracket goes.

Thanks

Charlie

*It just slips into a slot in the bottom of the dryer.

That photo is exactly what they have used for years and years.