DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   choice of primers and paints (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/293030-re-choice-primers-paints.html)

JoeSpareBedroom[_3_] December 1st 09 06:04 PM

choice of primers and paints

"kansascats" wrote in message
Looking for recommendations on primers and paints for:

home interior
home exterior
garage/shop

Now then.. for my shop/garage/office..
I bought a couple of gals of Kilz general purpose at WalMart. I also
have 3-4 gals of some Behr flat enamel leftover from another project
and a couple other leftovers I'm thinking to use (maybe paint a couple
different colors on the shop office walls).

CR recommends Behr mostly, but there is noise out there that BM or SW
is really a better paint.

I'm beginning to think that flat is the way to go. By the time it
really needs cleaned it can either be spot painted or is in need of a
full repaint.

For what it's worth, my kid has worked for a pro painter off & on for the
past two years, and his boss has nothing but evil things to say about Behr
products, especially for exterior work. He's impressed with
Sherwin-Williams, and has no problems with Kilz either.