Posted to alt.home.repair
KC KC is offline

Default GFCI outlets

Do they make ground fault receptacles rated for CO/ALR? I've been
looking but can't find any locally. Hubbell & Cooper's web sites
don't list any, unless I overlooked them. I don't think I have room
in the box for 3 pigtails with CO/ALR wire nuts.

KC
Posted to alt.home.repair

KC wrote:
Do they make ground fault receptacles rated for CO/ALR? I've been
looking but can't find any locally. Hubbell& Cooper's web sites
don't list any, unless I overlooked them. I don't think I have room
in the box for 3 pigtails with CO/ALR wire nuts.

KC

Hi,
If you can't find one, how about using pig tails and compatible wire nuts?
Posted to alt.home.repair

"KC" wrote in message
Do they make ground fault receptacles rated for CO/ALR? I've been
looking but can't find any locally. Hubbell & Cooper's web sites
don't list any, unless I overlooked them. I don't think I have room
in the box for 3 pigtails with CO/ALR wire nuts.

*I've never seen or heard of any and I'm guessing that they don't since
GFI's were not required during that era. If you haven't already, try using
stranded wires for the pigtail instead of solid. The extra flexibility
makes it easier to push the receptacle in.