DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   LED Christmas Lights (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/292628-re-led-christmas-lights.html)

Mark[_8_] November 25th 09 10:28 PM

LED Christmas Lights

"frank1492" wrote in message
Does anybody know if the strings are supposed to stay lit if one goes
out? I realize each LED has a huge life, but the contacts could fail.
Thanks. Before I make the investment I want to know what I am getting
into, because that it why I have never used mini-lights.
Frank

The ones I've seen are just like the old-fashioned kind and stay lit as long
as the bulb remains intact.

IGot2P[_2_] November 26th 09 12:24 AM

LED Christmas Lights

Mark wrote:

"frank1492" wrote in message
Does anybody know if the strings are supposed to stay lit if one goes
out? I realize each LED has a huge life, but the contacts could fail.
Thanks. Before I make the investment I want to know what I am getting
into, because that it why I have never used mini-lights.
Frank

The ones I've seen are just like the old-fashioned kind and stay lit as
long as the bulb remains intact.

I don't know how old you are, but the "old-fashioned" kind that I think
of were wired in series and when one went out, they all went out. They
were a real PITA if you happened to have two bad bulbs in one string.