Posted to alt.home.repair

Default FYI: "Lights of America" LED bulbs -- Costco refunding purchaseprice

On Oct 31, 6:55*pm, "Percival P. Cassidy" wrote:
We got a letter from Costco today inviting us to return the "Lights of
America" LED bulbs we had purchased because they do not live up to the
claimed life of 20K hours. Four different SKUs are listed.

Sam's Club has sold some of these as well, but no communication so far
from them.

Perce

I got a few at Ace, on my tests they are junk, low output, not what is
advertised and a poor grey color. I am returning mine. Months ago I
looked at LOA and could not find they even offered these leds.
Posted to alt.home.repair

ransley wrote:

On Oct 31, 6:55 pm, "Percival P. Cassidy" wrote:
We got a letter from Costco today inviting us to return the "Lights of
America" LED bulbs we had purchased because they do not live up to the
claimed life of 20K hours. Four different SKUs are listed.

Sam's Club has sold some of these as well, but no communication so far
from them.

I got a few at Ace, on my tests they are junk, low output, not what is
advertised and a poor grey color. I am returning mine. Months ago I
looked at LOA and could not find they even offered these leds.

It's difficult to compare light output because different incandescent
bulbs of the same wattage vary according to their design -- e.g., long
life vs. high output.

I am not dissatisfied with the light output of the "45W-equivalent" ones
I bought at Sam's. These are the ones with the LEDs arranged in a convex
conical shape. I couldn't tell any significant difference in output from
the 50W incandescent reflector bulbs they replaced. The light is a
little bluer than those incandescents, but that does not bother me.

The R30 style also seem to be OK wrt output, and the color is similar.
BUT one of the three I bought has died already: it started flashing one
half of the individual LEDs, then seemed to recover, then died totally.

The single PAR38 I bought produces light of a somewhat warmer color,
having a mixture of bluish and yellowish LEDs.

Menard's has FEIT LED bulbs, but only of low power -- 1 to 1.5 Watts. I
can't find LED bulbs by Sylvania or GE.

Perce
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Percival P. Cassidy" wrote:

I am not dissatisfied with the light output of the "45W-equivalent" ones
I bought at Sam's. These are the ones with the LEDs arranged in a convex
conical shape. I couldn't tell any significant difference in output from
the 50W incandescent reflector bulbs they replaced. The light is a
little bluer than those incandescents, but that does not bother me.

Glad to hear your report as been thinking abt buying
same thing above!