Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Jim is offline

Default HVAC question

Hello,

I have a 2600 sq ft 4 level split home in Canada. It was built in
1985. This past spring we replaced our very non-effecient furnace with a
Tempstar 95% effecient gas furnace. It really is wonderful as the old
furnace would cause the house to feel sort of drafty and basement was always
cold etc... Now I have this furnace that I love to bits BUT now since it has
gotten colder outside these past two weeks, we have kept the doors and
windows closed and now have a high humidity problem inside the home IE:
fogged up windows (triple pane)...air basically feels clammy...bought a
humidistat and the house is sitting at around 50% humidity.... we use
bathroom fans in the shower, and have a fan over the stove when cooking that
we use all the time...we keep lids on pots on the stove etc...We have no
children and only the two of us in this home so no long lingering showers by
kids or anyone else....
I don't want to have to buy a dehumidifier over this new furnace..
sort of defeats the idea of trying to be energy effecient... Thinking of
trying to duct in an outside air source to feed the furnace?
Thoughts? Thanks... Jim

HVAC question HeyBub[_3_] Home Repair 1 May 26th 08 09:38 PM
HVAC question Randy R Home Repair 9 February 14th 06 03:51 PM
hvac question [email protected] Home Repair 22 September 26th 05 02:21 PM
HVAC Question Peter H Home Repair 8 February 16th 05 12:40 AM