Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What type of caulking to use on Pop up trailer seams? Silicone?

I wanted to reseal the joint on my pop up trailer. What would be the
best pick from home depot for caulking? Dap with silicone outdoor or
GE silicone window and door caulking? Or is there something better?
thanks.
Posted to alt.home.repair

IIRC, outfits that sell to RV trade have something special for that
sort of thing. Friend, a ham radio operator, wanted to put some holes
to feed coax in his RV. Was able to get something to make a good seal.
Liquid/gel that set up. Something more than a simple caulk, though I
would think the stuff you use for sealing shower door installations
would do the trick.
Posted to alt.home.repair

lbbss wrote:
I wanted to reseal the joint on my pop up trailer. What would be the
best pick from home depot for caulking? Dap with silicone outdoor or
GE silicone window and door caulking? Or is there something better?
thanks.

Hi,
Get one from RV shop.
Posted to alt.home.repair

I wanted to reseal the joint on my pop up trailer. What would be the
best pick from home depot for caulking? Dap with silicone outdoor or
GE silicone window and door caulking? Or is there something better?
thanks.

*I have been using GE silicone 2 gutter and flashing caulk lately for
electric meters and services. They usually only get one box of it at a time
at Home Depot I presume because the shelf life is not too long. It remains
pliable and is not paintable. It also does not clean up with water.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 18 Oct 2009 15:06:22 -0700 (PDT), lbbss
wrote:

I wanted to reseal the joint on my pop up trailer. What would be the
best pick from home depot for caulking? Dap with silicone outdoor or
GE silicone window and door caulking? Or is there something better?
thanks.

How big is this "joint"?

Urethane caulk is used to build rail road box cars, buses and seal
auto bodies. It will cost you, but works from the standard caulk tube.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 18, 6:06*pm, lbbss wrote:
I wanted to reseal the joint on my pop up trailer. * What would be the
best pick from home depot for caulking? * Dap with silicone outdoor or
GE silicone window and door caulking? * Or is there something better?
thanks.

This link should help you decide.
http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/ind...=21217.0%3Ball

Posted to alt.home.repair

We own a vintage travel trailer business = www.vintagetrailersforsale.com
We use an RV sealant or use one of the polyurethane caulks from HD or
Lowe's. Both are much better than silicone and they are paintable when they
cure and do not attract dust and dirt like silicone.

cm

"lbbss" wrote in message
I wanted to reseal the joint on my pop up trailer. What would be the
best pick from home depot for caulking? Dap with silicone outdoor or
GE silicone window and door caulking? Or is there something better?
thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"lbbss" wrote in message ...
I wanted to reseal the joint on my pop up trailer. What would be the
best pick from home depot for caulking? Dap with silicone outdoor or
GE silicone window and door caulking? Or is there something better?
thanks.

hybrid polymer
something like this
http://doitbest.com/Caulking+for+bat...sku-778848.dib

Spud
Posted to alt.home.repair

There is a special tape for your needs. Much better and reliable than
caulk. For the life of me I can't remember the name. (I'm at work and
am blocked from searching) Search at an RV site. Be warned though, it
is expensive.
RV.net had some favorable discussions about it.