DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Bosch dishwasher overhead sprayer arm fell off (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/288517-bosch-dishwasher-overhead-sprayer-arm-fell-off.html)

John October 2nd 09 03:19 PM

Bosch dishwasher overhead sprayer arm fell off

I have a Bosch SHX46A dishwasher. Yesterday the overhead sprayer arm
fell off.

I tried putting it on but I can't seem to connect it.

This is what all the parts look like:

http://i33.tinypic.com/vxp9h1.jpg

Is there something broken or is there a secret to attaching the arm?

Thank you,

Ed Pawlowski October 3rd 09 04:51 AM

"John" wrote in message ...
I have a Bosch SHX46A dishwasher. Yesterday the overhead sprayer arm fell
off.

I tried putting it on but I can't seem to connect it.

This is what all the parts look like:

http://i33.tinypic.com/vxp9h1.jpg

Is there something broken or is there a secret to attaching the arm?

Thank you,

Looks like a snap on or twist on setup. Why not call the dealer and ask him?
Or stop at an appliance store that carries Bosch and take a peek.

bob haller October 3rd 09 10:48 AM

Bosch dishwasher overhead sprayer arm fell off

On Oct 2, 11:51�pm, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
"John" wrote in ...
I have a Bosch SHX46A dishwasher. �Yesterday the overhead sprayer arm fell
off.

I tried putting it on but I can't seem to connect it.

This is what all the parts look like:

http://i33.tinypic.com/vxp9h1.jpg

Is there something broken or is there a secret to attaching the arm?

Thank you,

Looks like a snap on or twist on setup. Why not call the dealer and ask him?
Or stop at an appliance store that carries Bosch and take a peek.

I had a bosch replaced because parts and service cost far too much.

anyhow thats a twist to lock arangement.

bosch dishwashers clean the best, but the design is far too
complicated, and unreal hard to service.........

too the trash mine went............

bosch are also the least reliable of any dishwasher according to
consumer reports.

John October 3rd 09 01:09 PM

bob haller wrote:
On Oct 2, 11:51�pm, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
"John" wrote in ...
I have a Bosch SHX46A dishwasher. �Yesterday the overhead sprayer arm fell
off.
I tried putting it on but I can't seem to connect it.
This is what all the parts look like:
http://i33.tinypic.com/vxp9h1.jpg
Is there something broken or is there a secret to attaching the arm?
Thank you,

Looks like a snap on or twist on setup. Why not call the dealer and ask him?
Or stop at an appliance store that carries Bosch and take a peek.

That's a good idea. Slaps head for not thinking of it myself.

I had a bosch replaced because parts and service cost far too much.

anyhow thats a twist to lock arangement.

I tried that a few dozen times and that didn't work. I don't know if
the plastic parts have degraded or I'm not using the right technique.

bosch dishwashers clean the best, but the design is far too
complicated, and unreal hard to service.........

too the trash mine went............

bosch are also the least reliable of any dishwasher according to
consumer reports.

After 4 years I haven't had any mechanical problems yet (knock wood) but
the interior plastic components are designed to fail. I have had to use
over a dozen plastic tie straps to prevent the wheels from fall off and
all of the other parts like the fold downs that won't stay up. What a
piece of crap.

The dishwasher cost $600 and is ultra quiet so I'm a bit reluctant to
throw it away at this point.

Ed Pawlowski October 3rd 09 02:06 PM

"John" wrote in message
bosch dishwashers clean the best, but the design is far too
complicated, and unreal hard to service.........
bosch are also the least reliable of any dishwasher according to
consumer reports.

After 4 years I haven't had any mechanical problems yet (knock wood) but
the interior plastic components are designed to fail. I have had to use
over a dozen plastic tie straps to prevent the wheels from fall off and
all of the other parts like the fold downs that won't stay up. What a
piece of crap.

The dishwasher cost $600 and is ultra quiet so I'm a bit reluctant to
throw it away at this point.

My local dealer will get you one if you want it, but no longer has Bosch on
the showroom floor. Too many service calls. My first Kitchen Aid lasted 19
years so we bought another.

John October 3rd 09 07:00 PM

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
"John" wrote in message
bosch dishwashers clean the best, but the design is far too
complicated, and unreal hard to service.........
bosch are also the least reliable of any dishwasher according to
consumer reports.

After 4 years I haven't had any mechanical problems yet (knock wood) but
the interior plastic components are designed to fail. I have had to use
over a dozen plastic tie straps to prevent the wheels from fall off and
all of the other parts like the fold downs that won't stay up. What a
piece of crap.

The dishwasher cost $600 and is ultra quiet so I'm a bit reluctant to
throw it away at this point.

My local dealer will get you one if you want it, but no longer has Bosch on
the showroom floor. Too many service calls. My first Kitchen Aid lasted 19
years so we bought another.

ohhhh, my gawd. I feel so stoopid.

I looked the dishwasher again today and realized that the arm goes on
the bottom of the upper rack.

The arm snapped right in.

Ed Pawlowski October 3rd 09 09:07 PM

"John" wrote in message

ohhhh, my gawd. I feel so stoopid.

I looked the dishwasher again today and realized that the arm goes on the
bottom of the upper rack.

The arm snapped right in.

Sometimes the obvious isn't. Glad its fixed.

Phisherman[_2_] October 3rd 09 10:36 PM

Bosch dishwasher overhead sprayer arm fell off

On Sat, 3 Oct 2009 02:48:39 -0700 (PDT), bob haller
wrote:

[...]

bob - which issue did you get this information? I just checked
Consumer Reports (2009 fall issue) and Bosch was listed at the top as
needing the fewest repairs. From that I would guess it is most
reliable?

Bob[_121_] January 19th 19 02:44 AM

Bosch dishwasher overhead sprayer arm fell off

replying to John, Bob wrote:
Dude - you saved me. I was certain the upper spray arm somehow connected to
the very top of the inside of the dishwasher and that there was a rod or
housing my wife had lost or thrown out. Everybody here is busy complaining
about Bosch,etc...nobody responding to the practical problem at hand. You did.
Saved my butt. Was ready to make a service call. Thanks!

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ff-397776-.htm

Ijustfixedthistoo May 11th 19 06:44 PM

Bosch dishwasher overhead sprayer arm fell off

replying to John, Ijustfixedthistoo wrote:
Those two pieces do not attach to the part shown in the last photo. Take out
top rack. Flip upside down. Theres an arm there, those two pieces easily
attach to it.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ff-397776-.htm

Pat[_28_] July 10th 19 05:14 PM

Bosch dishwasher overhead sprayer arm fell off

replying to John, Pat wrote:
I followed these instructions too. The arm snapped right in...! But within
minutes, it fell off again. I guess I have to replace the arm?

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ff-397776-.htm

Ed Pawlowski[_3_] July 11th 19 02:42 AM

Bosch dishwasher overhead sprayer arm fell off

On 7/10/2019 12:14 PM, Pat wrote:
replying to John, Pat wrote:
I followed these instructions too. The arm snapped right in...!Â* But within
minutes, it fell off again. I guess I have to replace the arm?

Or what is snaps onto. What is supposed to keep it in place?