Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bosch dishwasher overhead sprayer arm fell off

I have a Bosch SHX46A dishwasher. Yesterday the overhead sprayer arm
fell off.

I tried putting it on but I can't seem to connect it.

This is what all the parts look like:

http://i33.tinypic.com/vxp9h1.jpg

Is there something broken or is there a secret to attaching the arm?

Thank you,
Posted to alt.home.repair

"John" wrote in message ...
I have a Bosch SHX46A dishwasher. Yesterday the overhead sprayer arm fell
off.

I tried putting it on but I can't seem to connect it.

This is what all the parts look like:

http://i33.tinypic.com/vxp9h1.jpg

Is there something broken or is there a secret to attaching the arm?

Thank you,

Looks like a snap on or twist on setup. Why not call the dealer and ask him?
Or stop at an appliance store that carries Bosch and take a peek.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 2, 11:51�pm, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
"John" wrote in ...
I have a Bosch SHX46A dishwasher. �Yesterday the overhead sprayer arm fell
off.

I tried putting it on but I can't seem to connect it.

This is what all the parts look like:

http://i33.tinypic.com/vxp9h1.jpg

Is there something broken or is there a secret to attaching the arm?

Thank you,

Looks like a snap on or twist on setup. Why not call the dealer and ask him?
Or stop at an appliance store that carries Bosch and take a peek.

I had a bosch replaced because parts and service cost far too much.

anyhow thats a twist to lock arangement.

bosch dishwashers clean the best, but the design is far too
complicated, and unreal hard to service.........

too the trash mine went............

bosch are also the least reliable of any dishwasher according to
consumer reports.
Posted to alt.home.repair

bob haller wrote:
On Oct 2, 11:51�pm, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
"John" wrote in ...
I have a Bosch SHX46A dishwasher. �Yesterday the overhead sprayer arm fell
off.
I tried putting it on but I can't seem to connect it.
This is what all the parts look like:
http://i33.tinypic.com/vxp9h1.jpg
Is there something broken or is there a secret to attaching the arm?
Thank you,

Looks like a snap on or twist on setup. Why not call the dealer and ask him?
Or stop at an appliance store that carries Bosch and take a peek.

That's a good idea. Slaps head for not thinking of it myself.

I had a bosch replaced because parts and service cost far too much.

anyhow thats a twist to lock arangement.

I tried that a few dozen times and that didn't work. I don't know if
the plastic parts have degraded or I'm not using the right technique.

bosch dishwashers clean the best, but the design is far too
complicated, and unreal hard to service.........

too the trash mine went............

bosch are also the least reliable of any dishwasher according to
consumer reports.

After 4 years I haven't had any mechanical problems yet (knock wood) but
the interior plastic components are designed to fail. I have had to use
over a dozen plastic tie straps to prevent the wheels from fall off and
all of the other parts like the fold downs that won't stay up. What a
piece of crap.

The dishwasher cost $600 and is ultra quiet so I'm a bit reluctant to
throw it away at this point.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"John" wrote in message
bosch dishwashers clean the best, but the design is far too
complicated, and unreal hard to service.........
bosch are also the least reliable of any dishwasher according to
consumer reports.

After 4 years I haven't had any mechanical problems yet (knock wood) but
the interior plastic components are designed to fail. I have had to use
over a dozen plastic tie straps to prevent the wheels from fall off and
all of the other parts like the fold downs that won't stay up. What a
piece of crap.

The dishwasher cost $600 and is ultra quiet so I'm a bit reluctant to
throw it away at this point.

My local dealer will get you one if you want it, but no longer has Bosch on
the showroom floor. Too many service calls. My first Kitchen Aid lasted 19
years so we bought another.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
"John" wrote in message
bosch dishwashers clean the best, but the design is far too
complicated, and unreal hard to service.........
bosch are also the least reliable of any dishwasher according to
consumer reports.

After 4 years I haven't had any mechanical problems yet (knock wood) but
the interior plastic components are designed to fail. I have had to use
over a dozen plastic tie straps to prevent the wheels from fall off and
all of the other parts like the fold downs that won't stay up. What a
piece of crap.

The dishwasher cost $600 and is ultra quiet so I'm a bit reluctant to
throw it away at this point.

My local dealer will get you one if you want it, but no longer has Bosch on
the showroom floor. Too many service calls. My first Kitchen Aid lasted 19
years so we bought another.

ohhhh, my gawd. I feel so stoopid.

I looked the dishwasher again today and realized that the arm goes on
the bottom of the upper rack.

The arm snapped right in.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"John" wrote in message

ohhhh, my gawd. I feel so stoopid.

I looked the dishwasher again today and realized that the arm goes on the
bottom of the upper rack.

The arm snapped right in.

Sometimes the obvious isn't. Glad its fixed.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 3 Oct 2009 02:48:39 -0700 (PDT), bob haller
wrote:

[...]

bob - which issue did you get this information? I just checked
Consumer Reports (2009 fall issue) and Bosch was listed at the top as
needing the fewest repairs. From that I would guess it is most
reliable?
Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to John, Bob wrote:
Dude - you saved me. I was certain the upper spray arm somehow connected to
the very top of the inside of the dishwasher and that there was a rod or
housing my wife had lost or thrown out. Everybody here is busy complaining
about Bosch,etc...nobody responding to the practical problem at hand. You did.
Saved my butt. Was ready to make a service call. Thanks!

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ff-397776-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to John, Ijustfixedthistoo wrote:
Those two pieces do not attach to the part shown in the last photo. Take out
top rack. Flip upside down. Theres an arm there, those two pieces easily
attach to it.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ff-397776-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to John, Pat wrote:
I followed these instructions too. The arm snapped right in...! But within
minutes, it fell off again. I guess I have to replace the arm?

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ff-397776-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/10/2019 12:14 PM, Pat wrote:
replying to John, Pat wrote:
I followed these instructions too. The arm snapped right in...!Â* But within
minutes, it fell off again. I guess I have to replace the arm?

Or what is snaps onto. What is supposed to keep it in place?

Bosch dishwasher psf2001uk UK diy 2 February 24th 07 09:42 PM
Bosch Dishwasher Iain UK diy 1 August 13th 06 10:45 PM
Bottom panel on dishwasher fell dylhan Home Repair 3 October 13th 05 02:23 PM
dishwasher sprayer won't snap in! The Carters Home Repair 1 June 19th 05 05:16 PM
Bosch dishwasher Paul F UK diy 2 August 4th 04 08:09 PM