DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   How to make quarter rounds and to make a diagonal cut with common tools? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/288446-re-how-make-quarter-rounds-make-diagonal-cut-common-tools.html)

HeyBub[_3_] October 1st 09 03:27 AM

How to make quarter rounds and to make a diagonal cut with common tools?

Aaron Fude wrote:
Hi,

I have 3"x3" lumber and I would like to do one of two things:

1. Make a 3" quarter round, or
2. Make a "diagonal" cut so that the lumber has a triangular 3"x3"x
profile.
I have a table saw and a band saw.

Get a 3" piece of PVC and cut it in half lenghwise. Duct tape it to your
stock.

Feed the whole shebang through your table saw with the PVC against the
fence. Rotate the stock slightly and do it again. And again. etc.

Ultimately you'll have a 3" half-round. Cut in half.

I have no idea whether this will work.

Elrond Hubbard October 1st 09 01:00 PM

How to make quarter rounds and to make a diagonal cut with common tools?

"HeyBub" wrote in news:0K-
:

snip of unadulderated speculative BS)

I have no idea whether this will work.

It will work quite well if you are hoping to make a visit to the emergency
room with a PVC/wood stake through your liver.

Yet, again, your screamingly obvious absence of good sense or experience
fails to prevent you from posting.

HeyBub[_3_] October 1st 09 01:21 PM

How to make quarter rounds and to make a diagonal cut with common tools?

Elrond Hubbard wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in news:0K-
:

snip of unadulderated speculative BS)

I have no idea whether this will work.

It will work quite well if you are hoping to make a visit to the
emergency room with a PVC/wood stake through your liver.

Yet, again, your screamingly obvious absence of good sense or
experience fails to prevent you from posting.

Heh! I bet you've never made a circular cut out on a table saw.

And I have a great deal of common sense; I figured out, on my own, that one
should not drink the pickle juice until all the pickles are gone. This
prevents being hit in the eye by a pickle. (Except for pickle slices of
course. No hazard there.)

Bet you didn't know that!