Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.woodworking

Default Can you place this saw?

Hi,

Can you tell from this picture

http://freeboundaries.com/mysterysaw.jpg

what this saw is and (if it's in good work order) what it might be worth?

Thanks,

Aaron
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.woodworking

Aaron Fude wrote:
Hi,

Can you tell from this picture

http://freeboundaries.com/mysterysaw.jpg

what this saw is and (if it's in good work order) what it might be worth?

Thanks,

Aaron

Resembles a Delta Unisaw, wot?

http://www-personal.umich.edu/~jimknapp/Unisaw.html

Figure $250-300. More with less rust and a
paint job.

--Winston
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.woodworking

Hard to be sure, but it looks like an old Stanley or Rockwell table saw.
Although it could be any number of other brands. Do you have any other info?
Like where you found it, if it was outside (meaning it may not be too old),
was it with other stationary tools (if so, did they have makers plates, that
could suggest that the owner had levels of tools). people who buy low end
stationary tools don't tend to mix them with high end ones. Though thats not
a hard and fast rule, it is a good indicator.
The style is called "cabinet saw" and is usually a high end saw. General,
Jet, Powermatic, and of course Delta make very good versions of this type,
but some low end asian tool makers also make these types, like the Harbor
Freight Chicago Electric and Central Machinery brands. The low end are hit
and miss, you might get a good tool or you might not, their quality varies
widely.
Look under the top around the trundle assembly for any marks. Also any
logos, numbers or letters stamped or cast in or on any parts. Also see if
you can post a larger picture, that one is awfully small to show any detail.
Good luck,
David

"Aaron Fude" wrote in message
Hi,

Can you tell from this picture

http://freeboundaries.com/mysterysaw.jpg

what this saw is and (if it's in good work order) what it might be worth?

Thanks,

Aaron

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.woodworking

On Sep 18, 6:13*pm, Aaron Fude wrote:
Hi,

Can you tell from this picture

http://freeboundaries.com/mysterysaw.jpg

what this saw is and (if it's in good work order) what it might be worth?

Thanks,

Aaron

That looks a lot like the Delta saw we had in High School except it
was green.

Jimmie
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

JIMMIE wrote:
That looks a lot like the Delta saw we had in High School except it
was green.

Only that if it was green it had been repainted or was General or
Powermatic not Delta/Rockwell or Walker-Turner (altho don't think this
one is quite that old).

From the size of the fence and rail I'd guess there's at least a decent
chance this is a 12" rather than 10" and likely to be 3-phase.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.woodworking

On Sep 18, 5:13*pm, Aaron Fude wrote:
Hi,

Can you tell from this picture

http://freeboundaries.com/mysterysaw.jpg

what this saw is and (if it's in good work order) what it might be worth?

Thanks,

Aaron

A ruler in the picture to give us an idea of the size would be helpful.
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.woodworking

In article ,
Aaron Fude wrote:

Hi,

Can you tell from this picture

http://freeboundaries.com/mysterysaw.jpg

what this saw is and (if it's in good work order) what it might be worth?

Thanks,

Aaron

It's a dead ringer for the Rockwell we have at work. It's 240V 3 phase
as someone else suggested. My old boss, may he rest in peace, bought it
from some guy who was hard on his luck 20 years ago for $100.