Posted to alt.home.repair

Default plumber's putty

On Sep 17, 6:40*pm, "Seamus J. Wilson" wrote:
Ready to install the sink hardware for a garbage disposal. *I looked at the
instructions and says"DO NOT USE ON MARBLE, GRANITE, PLASTIC OR ANY OTHER
DIMENSIONAL STONE"
Please, tell me why.
Thank you,
Seamus J. Wilson

I see no reason why it can't be used on granite and marble since they
are stone.
??

Posted to alt.home.repair

Mint wrote:
On Sep 17, 6:40 pm, "Seamus J. Wilson" wrote:
Ready to install the sink hardware for a garbage disposal. I looked
at the instructions and says"DO NOT USE ON MARBLE, GRANITE, PLASTIC
OR ANY OTHER DIMENSIONAL STONE"
Please, tell me why.
Thank you,
Seamus J. Wilson

I see no reason why it can't be used on granite and marble since they
are stone.
??

You didn't read the BQ340 answer? He/she/it is right.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Mint" wrote in message
On Sep 17, 6:40 pm, "Seamus J. Wilson" wrote:
Ready to install the sink hardware for a garbage disposal. I looked at the
instructions and says"DO NOT USE ON MARBLE, GRANITE, PLASTIC OR ANY OTHER
DIMENSIONAL STONE"
Please, tell me why.
Thank you,
Seamus J. Wilson

I see no reason why it can't be used on granite and marble since they
are stone.
??

Porous stone. You could end up with stains, rings, or worse. OTOH, who
cares if you mess up your own house.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Mint wrote:
On Sep 17, 6:40 pm, "Seamus J. Wilson" wrote:
Ready to install the sink hardware for a garbage disposal. I looked at the
instructions and says"DO NOT USE ON MARBLE, GRANITE, PLASTIC OR ANY OTHER
DIMENSIONAL STONE"
Please, tell me why.
Thank you,
Seamus J. Wilson

I see no reason why it can't be used on granite and marble since they
are stone.

Granite is hard as hell and I'd think it would be OK but marble is quite
soft and can get porous.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 18, 10:06*pm, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
"Mint" wrote in message

On Sep 17, 6:40 pm, "Seamus J. Wilson" wrote:

Ready to install the sink hardware for a garbage disposal. I looked at the
instructions and says"DO NOT USE ON MARBLE, GRANITE, PLASTIC OR ANY OTHER
DIMENSIONAL STONE"
Please, tell me why.
Thank you,
Seamus J. Wilson

I see no reason why it can't be used on granite and marble since they
are stone.
??

Porous stone. You could end up with stains, rings, or worse. *OTOH, who
cares if you mess up your own house.

If the stone needs that much "coddling", I would just stick to
formica. :-)
That stuff in my mother's house lasted over 50 years.

Andy

Where would you look for a plumber's mate? David Wright UK diy 14 October 10th 06 02:16 PM
Plumber's Crack aspasia Home Repair 0 September 30th 06 05:26 AM
Drains leak with plumber's putty Greg Home Repair 9 May 19th 05 08:58 PM