Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Plastic Glues

Glues went out in the seventies, when teenagers figured out
they could kill themselves with a big smile, by inhaling the
vapors. Leading to the warning now found on glue tubes. In
the case of your sprayer. You may have better luck trying to
find a slightly larger tube. Use that as a slip coupler,
with the epoxy inside the tube.

I've got a sprayer I really like, but can't find another
one. This one has brass wand and nozzle, and works well.
Originally sold with a little bottle of Roundup. Have to see
if I can find those again. Probably not. Sprayers are going
plastic, now.

With the brass wand, I used a tubing bender to provide the
angle I wanted.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Dave" wrote in message
I broke the wand on a weed sprayer I really like. My 5
minute epoxy
holds for a while until a side load is applied then zap.
I've shopped
Walmart and Home Depot so far and find nothing that claims
to glue
plastics. What ever happened to model airplane glues and the
such?

Dave