Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Champion toilet

I have a champion toilet with a leaky flush valve. The toilet is less
than a year old. I have another champion toilet that I got a few years
ago and it leaked after I got it too. I had to get new O-rings for it.
The O-rings on the new one are blue and the design of the flush valve
has been changed since the last one I installed. I bought the thing at
HD and naturally they don't have replacement O rings. Neither does
Lowes or anyone else I can think of. Where can I get parts for these
things?

Jimmie
Posted to alt.home.repair

"JIMMIE" wrote in message
I have a champion toilet with a leaky flush valve. The toilet is less
than a year old. I have another champion toilet that I got a few years
ago and it leaked after I got it too. I had to get new O-rings for it.
The O-rings on the new one are blue and the design of the flush valve
has been changed since the last one I installed. I bought the thing at
HD and naturally they don't have replacement O rings. Neither does
Lowes or anyone else I can think of. Where can I get parts for these
things?

Jimmie

I think I found their customer service number on their website (do a search)
and they shipped me parts at no cost to me since I am the original owner.
I've had it two years and the spring clip that holds the hose in the
standpipe got lost (?!?) and neither of the Borgs or hardware stores had it.
THey were quite nice about it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

C & E wrote:

I have a champion toilet with a leaky flush valve. The toilet is less
than a year old. I have another champion toilet that I got a few years
ago and it leaked after I got it too. I had to get new O-rings for it.
The O-rings on the new one are blue and the design of the flush valve
has been changed since the last one I installed. I bought the thing at
HD and naturally they don't have replacement O rings. Neither does
Lowes or anyone else I can think of. Where can I get parts for these
things?

I think I found their customer service number on their website (do a
search) and they shipped me parts at no cost to me since I am the
original owner. I've had it two years and the spring clip that holds the
hose in the standpipe got lost (?!?) and neither of the Borgs or
hardware stores had it. THey were quite nice about it.

Did you by any chance try to get the updated flush valve to which the OP
referred?

They did send me some replacement rings (I'm not sure I would call them
"O-rings," because they do not have a circular cross-section), but they
did not last -- became "flabby" after just a few months. HOWEVER, I have
found that the rings dry out quite quickly and can be reinstalled and
will last for a few months more.

Perce
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Percival P. Cassidy" wrote in message
C & E wrote:

[...]

I didn't know enough to ask and they weren't dumb enough to offer any free
goods. ;-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

"JIMMIE" wrote in message
I have a champion toilet with a leaky flush valve.

I'm impressed. Who did they beat out to become the champ? Mine never won
any awards.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 15, 10:43�pm, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
"JIMMIE" wrote in message
I have a champion toilet with a leaky flush valve.

I'm impressed. �Who did they beat out to become the champ? �Mine never won
any awards.

american stanard is o longer made in the US........
Posted to alt.home.repair

I have a champion toilet with a leaky flush valve. The toilet is less
than a year old. I have another champion toilet that I got a few years
ago and it leaked after I got it too. I had to get new O-rings for it.
The O-rings on the new one are blue and the design of the flush valve
has been changed since the last one I installed. I bought the thing at
HD and naturally they don't have replacement O rings. Neither does
Lowes or anyone else I can think of. Where can I get parts for these
things?

*You didn't learn your lesson from the first time?
Posted to alt.home.repair

John Grabowski wrote:
I have a champion toilet with a leaky flush valve. The toilet is less
than a year old. I have another champion toilet that I got a few years
ago and it leaked after I got it too. I had to get new O-rings for it.
The O-rings on the new one are blue and the design of the flush valve
has been changed since the last one I installed. I bought the thing at
HD and naturally they don't have replacement O rings. Neither does
Lowes or anyone else I can think of. Where can I get parts for these
things?

When I replaced the flush valve on my Champion with the newer style, I
got the parts from a local plumbing supply house. Forget HD or Lowes.

Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerd at carolina.rr.com
Posted to alt.home.repair

Percival P. Cassidy wrote:

When I replaced the flush valve on my Champion with the newer style, I
got the parts from a local plumbing supply house. Forget HD or Lowes.

How much? And how extensively did you have to pull the thing apart to
fit the new flush valve?

As it turned out, I got it under warranty and didn't pay a dime. As for
the installation, I had to remove the tank so I could get to the
underside. The whole job took 15 minutes or so. I spent a lot more
time finding the parts than doing the work.

If you can mount a tank on a toilet, this job shouldn't tax your abilities.

I had a lot of difficulty even finding a part number so I happened to
save the bag the parts came in. The kit even includes a wrench to
tighten the valve with. You'll want a "Champion 4 Flush Valve
Assembly", #3174.002-0070A and a "Kit 241 F/Closed Coupled Champion 2
PC" - #738756-0070A. The first is the valve itself and the second is to
seal the valve against the toilet so it doesn't leak between the toilet
and the tank.

The toilet works great. If I had any criticism at all, it's that it
doesn't rinse the walls of the bowl as much as some I've seen. But I
believe it could easily swallow a bucket of golf balls without choking.

Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerd at carolina.rr.com
Posted to alt.home.repair

JIMMIE wrote:

I have a champion toilet with a leaky flush valve. The toilet is less
than a year old. I have another champion toilet that I got a few years
ago and it leaked after I got it too. I had to get new O-rings for it.
The O-rings on the new one are blue and the design of the flush valve
has been changed since the last one I installed. I bought the thing at
HD and naturally they don't have replacement O rings. Neither does
Lowes or anyone else I can think of. Where can I get parts for these
things?

I saw replacement rings at Menard's today -- also an after-market flush
valve specifically for the Champion and one particular Mansfield model;
only $6.99.

Perce

Champion Forge oldjag Metalworking 9 May 31st 08 01:45 AM
American Standard Champion Toilet- Metering water level in bowl Vince Home Repair 13 May 16th 06 03:57 PM
Opinion Needed - American Standard Champion Toilet Alan Home Ownership 0 January 18th 05 02:55 PM
American Standard Champion Toilet Opinion Needed Alan Home Repair 6 January 17th 05 06:21 PM