Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Hunter Digital A/C Thermostat Install Guide

I was getting really tired of our old Honeywell analog thermostat and
how inaccurate it had become over the years. It was very difficult to
consistently set the temperature.

So I replaced it with a Hunter "Just Right" (model 42999B) digital
electronic thermostat that cost $27. I didn't bother getting the
programmable version of the thermostat because of our unpredictable
schedule.

I took pictures of the install process and wrote up a quick guide.

Here's the guide - http://www.paulstravelpictures.com/H...-Install-Guide

I don't know if we have saved much on our power bill, but I can
definitely feel the difference in how consistent the air temperature
inside the home remains.

Cheers,
Paul Michaels
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Posted to alt.home.repair

Paul Michaels wrote:
I was getting really tired of our old Honeywell analog thermostat and
how inaccurate it had become over the years. It was very difficult to
consistently set the temperature.

So I replaced it with a Hunter "Just Right" (model 42999B) digital
electronic thermostat that cost $27. I didn't bother getting the
programmable version of the thermostat because of our unpredictable
schedule.

I took pictures of the install process and wrote up a quick guide.

Here's the guide - http://www.paulstravelpictures.com/H...-Install-Guide

I don't know if we have saved much on our power bill, but I can
definitely feel the difference in how consistent the air temperature
inside the home remains.

Cheers,
Paul Michaels
Ft. Lauderdale, FL

Hi,
I hope your Hunter will last as long as the Honeywell did.
I am using Honeywell Vision Pro 8000. You can use programmable at single
setting.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Here's the guide -http://www.paulstravelpictures.com/Hunter-Just-Right-Digital-Thermost...

I don't know if we have saved much on our power bill, but I can
definitely feel the difference in how consistent the air temperature
inside the home remains.

Cheers,
Paul Michaels
Ft. Lauderdale, FL

Hi,
I hope your Hunter will last as long as the Honeywell did.
I am using Honeywell Vision Pro 8000. You can use programmable at single
setting.

Since you didn't get a programmable one, unless the old one was hugely
inaccurate, any energy savings will be almost non-existent. People
set whatever thermostat they have, whether it reads 76 or 72 to what
the feel is comfortable.

With a programmable one, the savings come from having it set back at
night or during the day when no one is home. They can do that and
still have it comfortable when you wake up or come home. If you do
the same setback yourself, any thermostat will do the same thing.