DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Difference between Craftsman lawn sweepers? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/286605-difference-between-craftsman-lawn-sweepers.html)

Ben September 9th 09 12:45 AM

Difference between Craftsman lawn sweepers?

There are two different 42" lawn sweepers on the Sears web site:
Model# 24222 (Craftsman 42 in. High Speed Sweeper) and model #24237
(Craftsman 42 in. Tow Sweeper). The latter is $30 more than the
former. I can't tell the difference between the two from the
specifications. Is there something that I'm missing?

The links for the two pages a

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_07124222000P

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_07124237000P

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks in advance!!

Mike Paulsen September 9th 09 01:37 AM

Ben wrote:
There are two different 42" lawn sweepers on the Sears web site:
Model# 24222 (Craftsman 42 in. High Speed Sweeper) and model #24237
(Craftsman 42 in. Tow Sweeper). The latter is $30 more than the
former. I can't tell the difference between the two from the
specifications. Is there something that I'm missing?

The links for the two pages a

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_07124222000P

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_07124237000P

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks in advance!!

High Speed Sweeper:
Craftsman Exclusive - 8.5 to 1 brush to wheel ratio - 70 percent more
brush revoltion(sic) versus other brands, faster truning(sic) brushes =
more sweeping action

Steve Barker[_5_] September 9th 09 01:58 AM

Ben wrote:
There are two different 42" lawn sweepers on the Sears web site:
Model# 24222 (Craftsman 42 in. High Speed Sweeper) and model #24237
(Craftsman 42 in. Tow Sweeper). The latter is $30 more than the
former. I can't tell the difference between the two from the
specifications. Is there something that I'm missing?

The links for the two pages a

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_07124222000P

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_07124237000P

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks in advance!!

after scrutinizing the descriptions, the only difference i can come up
with is that the higher priced one weighs more and holds less. It does
boast the gear ratio on the brush bar, so it makes you wonder if the
other one is slower spinning.

Gordon Shumway September 9th 09 02:49 AM

Difference between Craftsman lawn sweepers?

On Tue, 8 Sep 2009 16:45:12 -0700 (PDT), Ben
wrote:

There are two different 42" lawn sweepers on the Sears web site:
Model# 24222 (Craftsman 42 in. High Speed Sweeper) and model #24237
(Craftsman 42 in. Tow Sweeper). The latter is $30 more than the
former. I can't tell the difference between the two from the
specifications. Is there something that I'm missing?

The links for the two pages a

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_07124222000P

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_07124237000P

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks in advance!!

I don't know if Craftsman lawn care products are as terrible as the
rest of the tools today but if they are I would avoid them like the
plague. With that said there are many brands on the market that are
higher quality and lower cost than the Sears crap. Shop around,
you'll be glad you did.

Gordon Shumway

Ben Lotto September 9th 09 02:59 AM

On Sep 8, 9:49*pm, Gordon Shumway wrote:
With that said there are many brands on the market that are
higher quality and lower cost than the Sears crap. *Shop around,
you'll be glad you did.

Do you have any particular recommendations?

Ben Lotto September 9th 09 03:01 AM

On Sep 8, 8:58*pm, Steve Barker wrote:
after scrutinizing the descriptions, the only difference i can come up
with is that the higher priced one weighs more and holds less. *It does
boast the gear ratio on the brush bar, so it makes you wonder if the
other one is slower spinning.

The specs on the less expensive one gives the same wheel diameter and
"brush to wheel ratio," so I would guess that the brushes spin at the
same speed?

Eric in North TX September 9th 09 03:14 AM

wrote:

There are two different 42" lawn sweepers on the Sears web site:
Model# 24222 (Craftsman 42 in. High Speed Sweeper) and model #24237
(Craftsman 42 in. Tow Sweeper). *The latter is $30 more than the
former. *I can't tell the difference between the two from the
specifications. *Is there something that I'm missing?

The links for the two pages a

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_07124222000P

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_07124237000P

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks in advance!!

I don't know if Craftsman lawn care products are as terrible as the
rest of the tools today but if they are I would avoid them like the
plague. *With that said there are many brands on the market that are
higher quality and lower cost than the Sears crap. *Shop around,
you'll be glad you did.

Gordon Shumway

Almost all, if not all, the sweepers I've seen are made by MTD and
just get different colors and branding.

aemeijers September 9th 09 04:37 AM

wrote:

[...]

Sounds about like the entry-level snow blowers sold at the big-boxes.
You look at the stamped parts, and they mostly are identical.

--
aem sends...

Phisherman[_2_] September 9th 09 09:38 PM

Difference between Craftsman lawn sweepers?

On Tue, 8 Sep 2009 18:59:37 -0700 (PDT), Ben Lotto
wrote:

On Sep 8, 9:49*pm, Gordon Shumway wrote:
With that said there are many brands on the market that are
higher quality and lower cost than the Sears crap. *Shop around,
you'll be glad you did.

Do you have any particular recommendations?

Hey Ben, I got the most powerful Husqvarna backpack gasoline blower.
Not cheap at $600, but it will move a 10-foot pile of leaves with
ease. I have about 200 trees on my lot. I might be easier for a
heavier guy, I'm 165# and it can knock me down if pointed at a wall. I
use it in the summer to sweep the driveway, walks and street after
mowing the lawn.