DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Sorta OT truck liftgate (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/286176-re-sorta-ot-truck-liftgate.html)

Steve Barker[_5_] September 3rd 09 05:45 AM

Sorta OT truck liftgate

Lp1331 1p1331 wrote:
I have an old hydraulic liftgate that I am installing on one of my old
pickups. There is no name plate or anything on it. The pump is empty and
I need to find out what kind of fluid they typically use== hydraulic
jack fluid, ATF, or what. If anybody here knows, I would be very
greatful for any advice. Thanks Larry

any and all those electric over hydraulic pumps i've EVER seen on dump
beds , and lifts etc., take ATF.

steve

good old universal tractor hydraulic fluid will work also.