DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   New bath tub (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/285660-new-bath-tub.html)

Tony Hwang August 28th 09 05:27 AM

New bath tub

Hi,
Swapped out an aging tub with new one.
This tub is VERY slippery. What is quick and easy
anti-slip measure w/o damaging the surface?

dadiOH[_3_] August 28th 09 01:10 PM

New bath tub

ransley wrote:
On Aug 27, 11:27 pm, Tony Hwang wrote:
Hi,
Swapped out an aging tub with new one.
This tub is VERY slippery. What is quick and easy
anti-slip measure w/o damaging the surface?

wear tennis shoes

And rubber shorts

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

dadiOH[_3_] August 28th 09 01:10 PM

New bath tub

Tony Hwang wrote:
Hi,
Swapped out an aging tub with new one.
This tub is VERY slippery. What is quick and easy
anti-slip measure w/o damaging the surface?

Stick on anti-skid strips.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Phisherman[_2_] August 28th 09 08:05 PM

New bath tub

On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 22:27:30 -0600, Tony Hwang
wrote:

Hi,
Swapped out an aging tub with new one.
This tub is VERY slippery. What is quick and easy
anti-slip measure w/o damaging the surface?

Install a grab bar and tie yourself to it.

cshenk August 28th 09 08:37 PM

New bath tub

"Tony Hwang" wrote

Swapped out an aging tub with new one.
This tub is VERY slippery. What is quick and easy
anti-slip measure w/o damaging the surface?

A tub mat. We have one. It's padded/foamy weave material (so comfy to sit
on) and has suckers on the bottom to keep it in place. Once done, we just
peel it off and stick it to the wall to dry so it won't mildew. Can go in
the washing machine.

cshenk August 28th 09 08:39 PM

New bath tub

"dadiOH" wrote
Tony Hwang wrote:

Swapped out an aging tub with new one.
This tub is VERY slippery. What is quick and easy
anti-slip measure w/o damaging the surface?

Stick on anti-skid strips.

Those will damage the finish in time.